Discordance change defeats the purpose of a PTB

The entire point of a PTB existing is to iron out bugs and get some feedback before they commit to a change. So why did they decide to do that for the other perks but leave out Discordance? It just paves the way for sudden backlash and potential bugs.

For some reason they kept us in the dark about this one perk and it makes no sense to me.

Comments

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694569#Comment_1694569

    ?

    No matter what shape the map is, There will ALWAYS be 25% of the map that cannot proc. If you're 32m away from a wall, it won't proc in that whole area (+ a little extra on the sides if we assume it's a circular shape).

    Also:

    4.6m/s (fastest killer speed).

    128m/4.6m/s = 27.8 seconds to go from one side of the map to the other.

    25% of 27.8s = 6.95s.

    Assuming that you're moving at 4.5 m/s (which you probably aren't on most killers), you're still 7 seconds away from Discordance procing (assuming there's a gen on the other side of the map). It may not seem like a lot, but, if you're in a chase you're not going to proc by a long shot.

    Just because you can't do math doesn't mean im wrong


  • The 96 meter range is a radius not a diameter, that means its 192 meters across and can activate 100% of the time most places on the map

  • @Spider175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694862#Comment_1694862

    1) Ok, not a big change? What qualifies as a big change? You said it was "just a small range change" when it's not just that, they changed how the perk works. Originally it gives a notification every 8/10/12 seconds when two people start working on it to it stays lit for as long as two people work on it then fades after 8 seconds when they leave. A small change would be adding a range requirement then changing those original numbers but this changes how the perk works. Is it a huge nerf? No but it is a noticeable change not just a tweak. And again if small perk changes were added to a PTB for other perks.

    2) You mean when they actually change it? Isn't that the equivalent of saying "you're going to have beans for lunch" as you serve beans for lunch? Saying a perk change when you change a perk isn't stating it beforehand. So... what we're supposed to be grateful that a company stated "oh this was intentional" when that should be part of their job? I don't understand why this argument with you is even a thing when you said already that it's bad to change things without letting us know which is exactly what this is. Oh but they said they changed it when they already changed it so I guess that's cool then even though it doesn't allow for actual feedback.

    3) Um yeah? I mean I'm complaining that they didn't give the community a chance to look at it? Why is this a wrong thing? Why shouldn't a company behind a video game tell the people who are playing it what they are going to change about it? If you're going to include a PTB then why not actually take advantage of it. You're right maybe a PTB isn't owed to us but if they're going to do it then why not take advantage of it? A PTB is a test server, yes it is not the only test server but how about if you are going to release a PTB anyways why would you not just wait till you at least have all the features you want to include within it to see how the community reacts? Is there a downside to that? I agree with you in that the devs do not need to do everything the community requests, that would be dumb, but at the same time the community has a right to give feedback, call out issues and bugs, and YES complain the devs have the right to either take it into consideration OR ignore it.

    I'm sorry if I put words in your mouth even though I'm literally copying and pasting your words from your previous posts. Maybe I didn't include the full context and maybe I'm misunderstanding you so if so I'm sorry. I've tried to read your posts here to understand your argument and maybe I've failed. And thanks for insulting my reading comprehension it really adds to your argument when you just call the other person a moron. Especially when your retort is basically saying "actually that thing you said, it's not true, end of argument".

    OK, firstly I didn't complain that discordance was nerfed, I said it was fine. You're claiming that we are whining cause "wE wANT gAME oUr WwaaYY" when all we said was it wasn't cool that they changed something big without saying it.


    this is where you messed up and lost all credibility. so you say they must put everything on the PTB before they changed it? why? they announced the change in the patch notes so they did announce it. but it wasn't on the PTB. be happy they let you have a PTB. big changes are: total re-work of a character, large map remakes (they did that) and then they put other things on the PTB because they have them ready. if it's not ready then they can either 1) wait for the next PTB (not always a good thing), 2) internally test it and then put it in when the patch goes in (usually best to do if it's a minor change) or 3) forget the change (very bad).

    they have historically chosen option 2 because they want to not have a stack of changes that wait 1.5 months when they can internally test it and say it's good. it's their choice, not yours and they said they changed it when the patch notes were published.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695150#Comment_1695150

    OK, firstly I didn't complain that discordance was nerfed, I said it was fine. You're claiming that we are whining cause "wE wANT gAME oUr WwaaYY" when all we said was it wasn't cool that they changed something big without saying it.

    this is where you messed up and lost all credibility. so you say they must put everything on the PTB before they changed it? why? they announced the change in the patch notes so they did announce it. but it wasn't on the PTB. be happy they let you have a PTB. big changes are: total re-work of a character, large map remakes (they did that) and then they put other things on the PTB because they have them ready. if it's not ready then they can either 1) wait for the next PTB (not always a good thing), 2) internally test it and then put it in when the patch goes in (usually best to do if it's a minor change) or 3) forget the change (very bad).

    they have historically chosen option 2 because they want to not have a stack of changes that wait 1.5 months when they can internally test it and say it's good. it's their choice, not yours and they said they changed it when the patch notes were published.

    Jesus Christ OK, I'll bite. Why? Because why not? What is the issue with including everything on the PTB? You keep trying to create a scenario where you know all the right answers when you say they only have three options? How about they update a PTB when they make a perk change? Why not just hold off putting up the PTB until you have everything you plan to include in the patch. They aren't beholden to a schedule when to release a mid-chapter patch (the event is not the patch as far as I can tell) so they could've released the PTB whenever they wanted with however many features they wanted? Why do I lose credibility for asking this since I already illustrated my point that changing a perk is a big change.

    Why should I be happy that I get a PTB at all if they aren't going to actually take feedback from it? It's called a Public Test Build. A test for the public. It is meant to be played by players who will then give feedback it is not just a bone the devs throw to a player base who should then shower them with praise for releasing a version of their build? You don't show an early cut of a film to a test audience because it's a treat for them to see something early, you do it get second opinions on the work you are making. I know I am not owed a PTB but it's also not something that I should feel grateful for having, it's just what happens.

    And yes, it is their choice but there is nothing wrong with getting more feedback before they make a choice because they can either ignore it OR accept it. I don't understand this logic of well they announced this change in the patch notes? Telling your player base about an intentional change isn't some great, wonderful thing it's just what you do. I shouldn't be "grateful" because the devs said they did something when they did it. It's like praising someone for making a chicken sandwich and then telling you it's a chicken sandwich and the person who is given the sandwich should be grateful that they told you what's in it. No you shouldn't be grateful that they told you want's in it when they give it to you, you should be grateful if they asked you what you wanted, you said what you like and then they consider it. You sound like a middle aged man who complains to his kids that they don't appreciate all the hard work he does and then lists off a bunch of normal, expected things that he's supposed to do. Like celebrating the bare minimum effort.

  • @Spider175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695310#Comment_1695310

    Jesus Christ OK, I'll bite. Why? Because why not? What is the issue with including everything on the PTB? You keep trying to create a scenario where you know all the right answers when you say they only have three options? How about they update a PTB when they make a perk change? Why not just hold off putting up the PTB until you have everything you plan to include in the patch. They aren't beholden to a schedule when to release a mid-chapter patch (the event is not the patch as far as I can tell) so they could've released the PTB whenever they wanted with however many features they wanted? Why do I lose credibility for asking this since I already illustrated my point that changing a perk is a big change.

    Why should I be happy that I get a PTB at all if they aren't going to actually take feedback from it? It's called a Public Test Build. A test for the public. It is meant to be played by players who will then give feedback it is not just a bone the devs throw to a player base who should then shower them with praise for releasing a version of their build? You don't show an early cut of a film to a test audience because it's a treat for them to see something early, you do it get second opinions on the work you are making. I know I am not owed a PTB but it's also not something that I should feel grateful for having, it's just what happens.

    And yes, it is their choice but there is nothing wrong with getting more feedback before they make a choice because they can either ignore it OR accept it. I don't understand this logic of well they announced this change in the patch notes? Telling your player base about an intentional change isn't some great, wonderful thing it's just what you do. I shouldn't be "grateful" because the devs said they did something when they did it. It's like praising someone for making a chicken sandwich and then telling you it's a chicken sandwich and the person who is given the sandwich should be grateful that they told you what's in it. No you shouldn't be grateful that they told you want's in it when they give it to you, you should be grateful if they asked you what you wanted, you said what you like and then they consider it. You sound like a middle aged man who complains to his kids that they don't appreciate all the hard work he does and then lists off a bunch of normal, expected things that he's supposed to do. Like celebrating the bare minimum effort.

    then why is it a problem they didn't put something there? I just gave feed back because points didn't register on my challenge. they didn't put the rift on the PTB, why not complain about that? the point of this whole thread is that discordance was NOT put on the PTB and people are saying it should have been because it changed. their choice if they want to put something on the PTB or not, it's possible they didn't get the change ready in time for the PTB so they check on it internally and it worked fine so it was good to be included in the patch. yet i'm the bad guy because i'm telling people they don't own the game and don't make decisions for the game gotta love it.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695521#Comment_1695521

    then why is it a problem they didn't put something there? I just gave feed back because points didn't register on my challenge. they didn't put the rift on the PTB, why not complain about that? the point of this whole thread is that discordance was NOT put on the PTB and people are saying it should have been because it changed. their choice if they want to put something on the PTB or not, it's possible they didn't get the change ready in time for the PTB so they check on it internally and it worked fine so it was good to be included in the patch. yet i'm the bad guy because i'm telling people they don't own the game and don't make decisions for the game gotta love it.

    What points exactly? I don't understand what your saying. To use your own language here: "This is where you lost all credibility here". Firstly, the PTB is to test patch 4.3.0 and the rift is NOT part of the patch so no one is complaining since it wasn't part of it. Second, they announced they were making a Rift BEFORE they released it. Imagine they just released the rift and said "oh yeah we're releasing it" but even then it wouldn't be as big of an issue since thirdly: The Rift is a series of challenges that add to the meta game. Changing the Rift does not change core gameplay mechanics and you don't have to pay for a rift unless you want extra cosmetics. What matters is changes to the actual core of the gameplay mechanics and bringing up the rift is just a "what about this thing" we aren't talking about it.

    Yes it is. I already brought up why I think if they didn't have it ready in time for a PTB then maybe they should've just pushed the release of the PTB back that was what I said earlier and you just said "oh I already brought up points". 4.3.0 is not scheduled for any specific time and they had three weeks. After all we are not entitled to get a PTB at a specific date so they could've released whenever they wanted. That seems to be something you agree on. Instead they released a PTB without all the features of the patch they were going to include in it.

    Lastly this whole "You're not entitled to make decisions for the game because you don't own it". Yes I am not entitled to make opinions for this game, but as a consumer who has paid for the game I am entitled I believe to know about significant changes and to voice my opinions on these changes. After all this entire form was about this and the reason people feel like you're the bad guy is you're telling people to just shut up and stop being idiots. You insult me and ToxicMyers and then complain how you're being called the bad guy. Maybe if you actually stopped insulting people and just said "I believe players are being a bit too entitled" then maybe people wouldn't be so negative towards you.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692457#Comment_1692457

    yea but gens don't spawn in corners on the biggest maps

    Say that to ormond

1 2 ›