Alright, a serious note concerning Deathslinger...

Think about the character what you want, like him or not, think about his gameplay what you like...

But I haven't seen a single other killer in the entire rooster for which their players/fans would get so much vicious, vitriolic backlash.

You like Deathslinger? For whatever reason? Prepare to be told to ######### on a regular basis. For liking a character.

I think the only other character who gets that much ######### is Claudette.

And now that some stuff for the next tome leaked, people are all too gladly comparing Max Sr to Caleb cause they vaguely have the same beard or something? And guess what, ######### have already come and declared this to be prove that Caleb sucks and "that everyone who likes him is not worthy of living (I'm not kidding, some people sound like effing facists when talking about Deathslinger players/fans)."


Cut it out.

Comments

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Think about the character what you want, like him or not, think about his gameplay what you like...

    But I haven't seen a single other killer in the entire rooster for which their players/fans would get so much vicious, vitriolic backlash.

    You like Deathslinger? For whatever reason? Prepare to be told to ######### on a regular basis. For liking a character.

    I think the only other character who gets that much s--t is Claudette.

    And now that some stuff for the next tome leaked, people are all too gladly comparing Max Sr to Caleb cause they vaguely have the same beard or something? And guess what, a-holes have already come and declared this to be prove that Caleb sucks and that everyone who likes him is not worthy of living (I'm not kidding, some people sound like effing facists when talking about Deathslinger players/fans)

    Cut it out.

    That's a yikes from me dawg, imagine saying someone should die over a video game

  • I like Deathslinger and I talk shite about him all the time. Specifically the character, not the people playing him. And I absolutely have times where I talk about how I like playing Slinger and how his chase could be fixed, only to have a bunch of... There's no polite way of referring to them, so let's go with "spite-fuelled ragers" attack me for playing Slinger and ignore everything else.

  • I'll say it once. and i'll say it again.. People will Attack me for it but Idc. Slinger is fine the way he is. He's literally a dumbed down huntress but worse. that's seriously it bout him. The people that call a nerf on him are the people who never want to learn anything other than (Hold W on loops with no punishment) Sorry but that's the Hard Truth,

  • @Verconissp said:

    I'll say it once. and i'll say it again.. People will Attack me for it but Idc. Slinger is fine the way he is. He's literally a dumbed down huntress but worse. that's seriously it bout him. The people that call a nerf on him are the people who never want to learn anything other than (Hold W on loops with no punishment) Sorry but that's the Hard Truth,

    Debatable. And not what irks me here (to the point it's frightening at times). I'm talking about some of the things that get thrown at people who like/play deathslinger on various platforms (twitter, tumblr etc). All because people enjoy the character. Regardless of what they thing about his balance as killer ingame. No. Enjoy him for his design, his lore.

  • Um, you have any examples? I haven't seen anyone that vocal against Deathslinger mains. Anyway even if it's true, hate the game not the player. You can hate something in the game all you want, but if you start to target people who enjoy something you don't that's just ridiculous and you're a PoS for doing so.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Um, you have any examples? I haven't seen anyone that vocal against Deathslinger mains. Anyway even if it's true, hate the game not the player. You can hate something in the game all you want, but if you start to target people who enjoy something you don't that's just ridiculous and you're a PoS for doing so.

    What is a PoS? I looked it up and it means piece of scale, but I don't think that's what you intended.

  • I'd rather play vs. five deathslingers than be trapped in Freddy's House of Tedium for a single match. At least slinger has to do stuff to make his power work.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688257#Comment_1688257

    What is a PoS? I looked it up and it means piece of scale, but I don't think that's what you intended.

    You got the first 2 words right. The 3rd is a big no-no word that would be censored if I typed it.

  • @Verconissp said:

    I'll say it once. and i'll say it again.. People will Attack me for it but Idc. Slinger is fine the way he is. He's literally a dumbed down huntress but worse. that's seriously it bout him. The people that call a nerf on him are the people who never want to learn anything other than (Hold W on loops with no punishment) Sorry but that's the Hard Truth,

    Didn't know a worse version of Huntress meant insta windup hatchets that travel at full speed whenever you want, with a small hitbox that can shoot through literally anything. That sounds like a better version of Huntress to me.

  • Deathslinger is one of the 3 killers I mainly play, I see hate for him and his mains on places like youtube, twitch,etc , but the only times Ive been told to kill myself in game, was when going for the adept blight, and a time when I ran no mither and nothing else, both times it was Ace's which is odd considering outside of these 2 examples Ace players tend to be some of the most chill.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Think about the character what you want, like him or not, think about his gameplay what you like...

    But I haven't seen a single other killer in the entire rooster for which their players/fans would get so much vicious, vitriolic backlash.

    You like Deathslinger? For whatever reason? Prepare to be told to ######### on a regular basis. For liking a character.

    I think the only other character who gets that much s--t is Claudette.

    And now that some stuff for the next tome leaked, people are all too gladly comparing Max Sr to Caleb cause they vaguely have the same beard or something? And guess what, a-holes have already come and declared this to be prove that Caleb sucks and that everyone who likes him is not worthy of living (I'm not kidding, some people sound like effing facists when talking about Deathslinger players/fans)

    Cut it out.

    It’s terrible isn’t it.

    This isn’t so much a Deathslinger thing. It’s more about how passionately many players don’t like losing, and many lose to Deathslinger.

    I get similar messages after my Clown games. Probably because the only thing that first entered their mind at the beginning of the match was presuming the match would be easy. I get a LOT of DC on deathhook, followed by vile messages.

    I feel very satisfied when I get Sony’s follow up reply “we’ve reviewed the message in question and found the content is in breach of our code of conduct, and have followed up with the player in question”

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1687225#Comment_1687225

    Didn't know a worse version of Huntress meant insta windup hatchets that travel at full speed whenever you want, with a small hitbox that can shoot through literally anything. That sounds like a better version of Huntress to me.

    Imagine if huntress had 1 hatchet, and every time she had to use it she had a large cooldown and had to reload.

    Also, imagine if thus shot wouldn't even hit most of the time, because survivors can put ######### in between you.

    Imagine if she also had a range cap of 15 meters.

    The only thing she has in return is an instant shot and a small terror radius.

    Not saying he is an inferior huntress, but he is definitely not better.

  • Honestly, as a DS main, I don't care :)

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688266#Comment_1688266

    Imagine if huntress had 1 hatchet, and every time she had to use it she had a large cooldown and had to reload.

    Also, imagine if thus shot wouldn't even hit most of the time, because survivors can put ######### in between you.

    Imagine if she also had a range cap of 15 meters.

    The only thing she has in return is an instant shot and a small terror radius.

    Not saying he is an inferior huntress, but he is definitely not better.

    To you maybe, but to me Deathslinger is top 4. Virtually nonexistent TR, the insta windup alone not only zones people for free due to fear of being hit by it at any moment, but ends chases before they even begin. he's not limited to finding lockers, much less map dependent than Huntress. No I definitely think he's better. If you don't that's fine but people seem to recoil at even the thought of someone saying Huntress is worse than him and I don't know why.

  • It's a virtual cowboy??? People need to calm down. And why would you hate the character and not the person being scummy?? I've had some awesome Claudette teammates recently, and Deathslinger is actually super fun to play against! I once had a teammate in green ranks while the rest of us were red ranks, Deathslinger gave them hatch after I died. I was happy he let them get those points <3!

  • @megswifey said:

    It's a virtual cowboy??? People need to calm down. And why would you hate the character and not the person being scummy?? I've had some awesome Claudette teammates recently, and Deathslinger is actually super fun to play against! I once had a teammate in green ranks while the rest of us were red ranks, Deathslinger gave them hatch after I died. I was happy he let them get those points <3!

    it's not even about people playing scummy...

    It seems to be solely the following logic:

    People believe Deathslinger has no counterplay and is thus unbeatable -> people who play him must be scummy and don't want other to have fun -> people who like him are bad, no matter why they like him

    As for examples: just look at about every response to a tweet/post/etc by the devs, how many calls for Caleb's removal you get and how harsh these get when someone says he's fine/not as bad.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688292#Comment_1688292

    it's not even about people playing scummy...

    It seems to be solely the following logic:

    People believe Deathslinger has no counterplay and is thus unbeatable -> people who play him must be scummy and don't want other to have fun -> people who like him are bad, no matter why they like him

    As for examples: just look at about every response to a tweet/post/etc by the devs, how many calls for Caleb's removal you get and how harsh these get when someone says he's fine/not as bad.

    oh wow. I think he has a good number of counters, and it's especially easier to gather your surroundings to keep him from reeling you in. That's too bad-- He's got such a cool backstory and his game play makes matches more... threatening, haha! Oh well, I hope people leave players alone, it's upsetting to see such negativity. I've had moments where I get nervous when I play against Bubba, but I've met some kind, non camping ones who also don't spam the chainsaw, which I find to be fun!

  • @megswifey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688317#Comment_1688317

    oh wow. I think he has a good number of counters, and it's especially easier to gather your surroundings to keep him from reeling you in. That's too bad-- He's got such a cool backstory and his game play makes matches more... threatening, haha! Oh well, I hope people leave players alone, it's upsetting to see such negativity. I've had moments where I get nervous when I play against Bubba, but I've met some kind, non camping ones who also don't spam the chainsaw, which I find to be fun!

    Mood.

    I mean on the other hand some of the most fun people in the community I met are Deathslinger fans, and I'm grateful for the positive feedback I do get for my little fanfic for him.

    It's just sometimes very hard when there's a lot of negativity coming one's way because of something like this...


    EDIT: What I also saw is the following reasoning for hating on Caleb:

    He and Micah from RDR2 look similar, so they must be the same right? And Micah is.... well, I get the hate for him... But he's not Caleb and Caleb's not him, yet people act like it.

    Take this tweet as example:

    Where in Caleb's lore is the proof for that? The person certainly talks as if that's 100% backed-up by lore, yet... there's nothing. This' the kinda thing Micah would do.