Disconnects
I think disconnecting should only give u 5 minutes instead of counting up from 5 to 15 u mad man
I think disconnecting should only give u 5 minutes instead of counting up from 5 to 15 u mad man
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Stop disconnecting then
Sometimes when people disconnect, it's not them just being a bad survivor or killer, sometimes it's just their internet. Like one time two of the survivors DCd when I was killer so I let the other two go. They both message me. One saying their mom cut off the internet and the other saying they had blackout. Sometimes, it's not just bad sportsmanship. Like you're showing now. I totally agree with the 5 to 15 min. Bogusness, it is a little unfair
I'm showing bad sportsmanship for saying stop disconnecting? Ok let's use your example. Mother cuts out internet, take a 5 minute break, if she does it a second time get off for a bit. Same thing with blackouts. Plus those are what i would call minority cases, most people dc for other reasons. But yeah I'm a bad sport for telling people not to screw over their teammates by disconnecting repeatedly. There's a reason it starts small and increases in length the more you dc.
The only way dc penalties are a big deal are if you continually DC.
I think it should be a dynamic system where the number of disconnects you have in a row (without completing a full game without a disconnect) increases the penalty.
1 Disconnect 5 minutes.
2nd Disconnect 10 minutes
3rd Disconnect 15 minutes
4th Disconnect 30 minutes
5th Disconnect 1 Hour
6th Disconnect 1 Day
7th Disconnect 1 Week
8th Disconnect 1 Month
9th Disconnect Permanent Ban
*Obviously nobody is going to get to really long bans without trying. Example: Doofus Player disconnects during a game. He gets a five minute ban. He comes back and does it again.... 10 minutes. He still has not learned his lesson... 15 minutes... and so on. All he has to do is complete ONE game without being... well... a Doofus... to reset the ladder.
My reason for saying that is because we don't know exactly why they DCd. That's my point. I was giving two examples I'd been given by recent survivors. I'm not sure if it's happened multiple times or not, I'm just saying some people DC to be douchebags and some people do it involuntarily
Ok, like i said, 2 disconnects isn't a long timer. And if you do it involunarily take a break so it doesn't happen again. No need to insult me during a discussion
It wasn't really an insult but mkay. Like I said, we don't know the reasons people disconnect. Let's leave it at that