8 vs 2 possibly coming?
Identity V, the "mobile dbd", has released a 8vs2 game mode recently, and as dbd devs are helping make the game, may we see one some day in dbd? It would be awesome, a huge map, 10 gens and 2 killers that could work together to get the 8 survivors running around. If a mobile game can make it work surely dbd can.
Comments
SoonTM
Yeah sure.. I can imagine the lag now..
I hope they do add 2v8...its gonna be fun
I think you guys are underestimating the potential of two killers.
You could have 1 killer run all hunting perks and have another person running basement perks. This would mean that while the Nurse or Huntress is on the prowl the basement killer would guard the basement. Then, after a chase is won they temporarily switch so that the basement build killer can collect the latest catch.
You could have the killers do direct co-op so when you hear the heartbeat two killers start chasing you at once. If you try and loop you'll run into the second killer. Imagine the madness of having to dodge a blinking Nurse and hunting hatchest at the same time.
On maps like Azarov's resting place, the killers could split up with the middle of the map being the survivors' only sanctuary. Or both killers could stay on one side and destroy everyone who stayed.
Some of the meta combos would be:
Nurse + (Literally any other killer [Doctor Especially])
The other killer scouts and upon finding a survivor would signal the Nurse to begin the attack.
Leatherface + Hag (or Trapper + Hag)
Each hook would become a prison and the basement would become Alcatraz.
Trapper + Huntress
If you get trapped the Huntress will down you via hatchet, this gives you less time to escape. If all of the traps get destroyed he can help the Huntress by herding you towards her.
I'll be honest, I want this game mode implemented as soon as the developers have some time to spare the resources.
why the hell do any of you want this on a game thats P2P, and already has major balancing issues? Then you will get 2 killers, each one with a specific set of meta perks which will cause even more unbalancing. The amount of lag alone will be staggering. I would never touch that mode unless it was hosted on VAC secured servers.
Then, to top it off Maps would need to be completely remade. Can we please worry about what we have first..
Probably not, since they never really showed interest on implementing it, but hey we can hope.
Maybe one day. Not anytime soon.
Idk if they can actually balance 8v2 with the current map sizes plus some killer combos would be ridiculous O.O
I know they are working on other game modes, but I think most of them should require Dedicated servers before they release anything.