Gen Speed

When I start as the killer and walked (doctor) to the farthest generator with no stops and the players are able to finish that generator before I get there, that is a problem in this game. I had zero chance to stop that gen from being done as at least 3 players started by it.


I get that players will finish some gens and a good match should be close, but having 0% chance to stop the first gen is just Not well balaneced.

Comments

  • @carnage4u said:

    When I start as the killer and walked (doctor) to the farthest generator with no stops and the players are able to finish that generator before I get there, that is a problem in this game. I had zero chance to stop that gen from being done as at least 3 players started by it.

    I get that players will finish some gens and a good match should be close, but having 0% chance to stop the first gen is just Not well balaneced.

    Gen speeds aren't the problem! The problem lies within

    1. Killer's lacking map mobility
    2. Survivor's not having enough objectives!

    If the devs nerf gen speeds again survivor might as well be a gen simulator

  • @carnage4u said:

    When I start as the killer and walked (doctor) to the farthest generator with no stops and the players are able to finish that generator before I get there, that is a problem in this game. I had zero chance to stop that gen from being done as at least 3 players started by it.

    I get that players will finish some gens and a good match should be close, but having 0% chance to stop the first gen is just Not well balaneced.

    In this case Corrupt Intervention could have helped, or a more mobile killer, but the first two gens can go sooooooo fast I feel ya.

  • @carnage4u said:

    When I start as the killer and walked (doctor) to the farthest generator with no stops and the players are able to finish that generator before I get there, that is a problem in this game. I had zero chance to stop that gen from being done as at least 3 players started by it.

    I get that players will finish some gens and a good match should be close, but having 0% chance to stop the first gen is just Not well balaneced.

    Give them a second objective don't lengthen their first one

  • Why do you care about the first Gen? The only Gen that really matters is the last Gen. Especially since you dont get punished that much anymore for the first Gens being done fast.

    Also, as @JPLongstreet has said, Corrupt Intervention is an excellent Perk.

  • I'd recommend "Corrupt Intervention" if you're not yet familiarized with the larger maps or if you are gonna be playing a slower killer, with that you will force Survivors to try and move to generators that are closer to you. Also "Discordance" could be useful so you would go straight to where the aura is highlighted and it will save you time looking around.

  • Gen speeds are not the problem, its the start of the game that is. Survivors usually get a "free" gen right off the bat, which feels unfair for the killer since he/she could not do anything to prevent such a gen from being completed in the first 30 sec of the game.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Why do you care about the first Gen? The only Gen that really matters is the last Gen. Especially since you dont get punished that much anymore for the first Gens being done fast.

    Also, as @JPLongstreet has said, Corrupt Intervention is an excellent Perk.

    I "win" many games, where players have done 1 to 5 gens. I'm simply saying. the fact the survivors can complete a gen at start of a game based on their position/killer position, where the killer has 0% chance to stop it is not a well balanced mechanic of the game.


    It would require using a perk spot to stop the farthest gens. then that perk slot has no effect the rest of the game.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683526#Comment_1683526

    I "win" many games, where players have done 1 to 5 gens. I'm simply saying. the fact the survivors can complete a gen at start of a game based on their position/killer position, where the killer has 0% chance to stop it is not a well balanced mechanic of the game.

    It would require using a perk spot to stop the farthest gens. then that perk slot has no effect the rest of the game.

    Well, spawning positions could be fixed, because it goes both ways. Playing as a survivor I've started the trial just steps away from the killer and of course it means an early hook, and then other times I'm starting right next to the Hex Totem so I can cleanse it in just a few seconds. If they could rework the positions taking into account all the other key elements to the game it could help a little bit.