What is the point of reporting players?
Because we are given no feedback as to what happens to the other player, it feels pointless to report them. I just feel like reporting players has no effect unless you have video evidence, but even then you are given no indication of what happens to the player you reported. I would just kind of like some feedback :\
Comments
What would be the point of feedback given that the only visible action is a game ban and that people would just claim the messages were fake?
Yeah I know, it just kinda sucks that there isn't a built in recording system to catch griefing players. I hate it because there are people out there who are new or just want to have fun and those people get away with taking the fun away.
Many of my reports have been solved, you must open a ticket within the website to report the player.
Make sure to have their URL as well, reporting works and they do action against them.
Under Customer Service within the game, copy and paste the URL the link provides and make sure you have screenshots and valid proof.
I've reported dozens of players that violate TOS from offensive language, Legacy Hacks, more offensive Language, killers working with survivors. It takes time though, but I've also gotten report backs in a day.
If having no evidence is really bothering you, I suggest you downloading Streamlabs even if you don't stream it's a great Video Recording service if you're really fed up with either hackers or people violating ToS.
someone death threatened me before in the post-game chat and I just took a screenshot of it and that got got perma banned from DBD. How do I know? I had their steam profile saved and I checked the day I received that they made actions against him and I could see that he had "1 day in game ban" on his profile.
So yeah if it's a strong reason they will get what they deserve.
You actually get feedback for that, so it isn't really comparable.
Do you, though? Last time I reported an on-going crime, I just saw the cops go toward the area and interact with the suspects. Never heard from them again.
If it's happening to you? Yes. To take this down a few notches from murder, if someone tags your house they tell you if the person was caught.