DC Penalties are useless

A) now people just die on hook instead

B) que times are much worse at night now

C) dbd is not a game that begs people to play it so they just go to another game and forget about it

D) The core issues are not fixed. Most survivors quit if they’re tunnelled or camped.... lets fix the core issues that make a match completely unbearable, frustrating and annoying.... then punish the people that quit after that.


I just had a match, where i spawned at the shack... went to check the chest and guess whose on his way a guy named “basement bubba” lol he gets me, hooks me and just shakes his head up and down.... so i kill myself anyway.


STOP REWARDING LOW SKILL KILLERS

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • lol people DC when they get their first down with 2 gens left, then come here to claim they were tunneled

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682785#Comment_1682785

    you have 3 xboxes that are online and one drops it's conenction? it's not your internet but your ROUTER. this is not something for BEHAVIOR to be involved in. don't have all three at once.... have one going when you want solid internet conenction. Your router has to determine which units have access to the internet and sometimes that means shutting down one for a while. stop blaming your isp for your own equipment failing at this. this is a problem for YOU to solve not complain about it here when it's in your court and capability to solve!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682782#Comment_1682782

    if you put them in their own queue, they will get to have their matches and keep getting them and dcing against whom ever sure but what happens to us? we get slower matches and longer wait times. so yes lets REWARD the ones that break the rules with better match times and penalize those that don't break the rules with longer wait times.

    Removing the offenders shows them they BROKE the rules and won't get a reward for doing it. remember when it was a -4 or -2 pip if you disconnected? that was a freaking reward! they WANTED to get to the lower ranks! they WANTED to have easier matches! and it was given to them! (it was -4 some time before october 2018 when i started playing so i may be wrong about that but it was originally for me -2 if you disconnected when I started playing). SO I'd rather take slower matches than reward people that break the rules.

    I don't think you realize that they won't be getting a reward. My punishment is far worse than a Ban or loss of Pips. They will be on the Island of Misfit Toys, so to speak. Getting games will take forever, and when they do someone is certainly going to DC. Advancement will be near impossible. But that is my speculation. I believe the DCer crowd are an annoying minority, and thus would be a much smaller Que than the rest of us.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683382#Comment_1683382

    I don't think you realize that they won't be getting a reward. My punishment is far worse than a Ban or loss of Pips. They will be on the Island of Misfit Toys, so to speak. Getting games will take forever, and when they do someone is certainly going to DC. Advancement will be near impossible. But that is my speculation. I believe the DCer crowd are an annoying minority, and thus would be a much smaller Que than the rest of us.

    hmmm ok lets look at this.... 50 killers, 200 survivors. and 10 killers and 30 survivors get pushed to this queue leaving us 40 killers and 170 survivors. so with 40 killers you can only have 160 survivors in a game at anyone time, and then you have 10 people that have to WAIT for a match to complete. they however have 10 killers and 30 survivors, that means 7 killers are guaranteed a match and 28 survivors are guaranteed a match. so 3 killers have to wait and 2 survivors have to wait. wow.... what a great trade off they get faster matches than we do and they are the ones that broke the rules. sure they'll have a dc or what not. but you know what? those of us that have to wait will resent their faster matches. it's about the numbers.... they won't wait as long as we do in the long run when you remove them out of the rotation like that thus you reward them.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683391#Comment_1683391

    hmmm ok lets look at this.... 50 killers, 200 survivors. and 10 killers and 30 survivors get pushed to this queue leaving us 40 killers and 170 survivors. so with 40 killers you can only have 160 survivors in a game at anyone time, and then you have 10 people that have to WAIT for a match to complete. they however have 10 killers and 30 survivors, that means 7 killers are guaranteed a match and 28 survivors are guaranteed a match. so 3 killers have to wait and 2 survivors have to wait. wow.... what a great trade off they get faster matches than we do and they are the ones that broke the rules. sure they'll have a dc or what not. but you know what? those of us that have to wait will resent their faster matches. it's about the numbers.... they won't wait as long as we do in the long run when you remove them out of the rotation like that thus you reward them.

    Your logic is faulty because you assume that small group are all online at the same time. The smaller the group, the harder the logistics are. They will have a hard time getting games and have LONG ques.

  • @TheeclumsyNinja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683344#Comment_1683344

    Yes the 1-2/20 matches a day i kill myself on hook are why the rest of my team dies.

    the amount of matches you do it is unimportant.

    its about when you do it - doesnt matter whether thats every 2nd game, every 3rd or 1/2 in 20.

    but once you do it, everyone else in that match gets an miserable experience.


    the killer is camping you? then wait out the two freaking minutes and buy the rest of your team a chance!

    you not doing that allows the killer to immediately leave the hook and go for somoene else, who he can facecamp just like he did with you. at this point however there wont be enough survivors to just to gens, so the killer gets an undeserved victory (at least a 3k) and the rest of your team gets the same miserable experience you had earlier - all thanks to you.

    this is a team game. and at some point you gotta take one for the team. people who dont end up dooming everyone else.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683399#Comment_1683399

    Your logic is faulty because you assume that small group are all online at the same time. The smaller the group, the harder the logistics are. They will have a hard time getting games and have LONG ques.

    I used SMALL numbers. you know how many people i saw dc yesterday? about 25 people in about 20 games. so that's 1/4 of the people that played that game with me that dc'd. so if i'm seeing 25 people dc and there are 1000's of people playing you can absolutely see that the numbers could be multiplied by 50-500 times. still the numbers are on their side, not ours (the ones that don't break the rules) because we also have the same issue.

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682761#Comment_1682761

    Taking your example of Midwich. Who do you feel is at a disadvantage on that map?

    I don't know and honestly couldn't care less. It wasn't the map I had in mind when I mentioned balance, I just think it's awful and doesn't fit the mechanics of the game at all.

  • Well I know Hag likes it as does Spooky Myers. When I'm playing Scratched Mirror+Boyfriend's Memo I'll put in Midwich before I do Lerys.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683462#Comment_1683462

    A map that's only situationally good isn't a good map.

    That's like saying a situational perk (which there are tons of, on both sides) are awesome perks, despite having one, specific use case that makes any sense, except that use case happens 1/50 matches.

    Fair point. I'll concede the map is a lot harder on most (both Killer and Survivor) than others. But I'm not certain that makes it a bad map. I'm kind of glad we have odd maps that defy the setup of the others and yield a particular, if often trying challenge. It keeps things spicy.

    *That and it is only one map out of a large number. It doesn't come up that often unless someone does an offering.

  • @Mandy said:

    Personally I think the DC penalty is very much needed and already I've noticed a difference in my matches - now survivors are not dc'ing as soon as they are downed at the start of the match and killers are not dc'ing whenever they lose a totem. I've not seen a particular increase on people trying to suicide on the hook either. So it's a win/win as far as I'm concerned.

    People need to realise that when they commit to a lobby, they're committed to playing that match instead of ruining the game for everyone else who does want to play the game.

    You're right that people shouldn't go out their way to ruin someone else's game play. However, what about all the killers who do brag about slugging and facecamping to ruin survivors games or mori to ruin their game just because the survivors brought in something they don't like? I play killer a lot. Probably more now than I play survivor. I never dc. A survivor dcing didn't bother me. But I know I'm one person. As a survivor i dc'd if my match was really laggy or to give my friend hatch and I'll continue to do that. But I have had now had more people die on their first hook. Oh well. Thats fair. If they want out the game they have a right to leave. And im glad the devs will. Never remove the struggle attempt. That really wouldn't be fair. But the toxicity really should be addressed and handled. But devs won't. Its why I respect streamers like Otz and Puppers who never camp and never tunnel and even Ohtofu because they have said they don't want to make the game horrible for the other side.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682801#Comment_1682801

    You're right that people shouldn't go out their way to ruin someone else's game play. However, what about all the killers who do brag about slugging and facecamping to ruin survivors games or mori to ruin their game just because the survivors brought in something they don't like? I play killer a lot. Probably more now than I play survivor. I never dc. A survivor dcing didn't bother me. But I know I'm one person. As a survivor i dc'd if my match was really laggy or to give my friend hatch and I'll continue to do that. But I have had now had more people die on their first hook. Oh well. Thats fair. If they want out the game they have a right to leave. And im glad the devs will. Never remove the struggle attempt. That really wouldn't be fair. But the toxicity really should be addressed and handled. But devs won't. Its why I respect streamers like Otz and Puppers who never camp and never tunnel and even Ohtofu because they have said they don't want to make the game horrible for the other side.

    If there are things in DbD that make you want to DC, then you are playing the wrong game. Its as simple as that.

    There is no valid reason to DC from a game. Other than being selfish and not caring about other peoples fun.

    Online multplayer games, especially asymmetrical, are not designed to keep everyone happy 100% of the time. It's impossible. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and not ruin it for others. Just like they do when you have a really good game.

  • @TheeclumsyNinja said:

    A) now people just die on hook instead

    B) que times are much worse at night now

    C) dbd is not a game that begs people to play it so they just go to another game and forget about it

    D) The core issues are not fixed. Most survivors quit if they’re tunnelled or camped.... lets fix the core issues that make a match completely unbearable, frustrating and annoying.... then punish the people that quit after that.

    I just had a match, where i spawned at the shack... went to check the chest and guess whose on his way a guy named “basement bubba” lol he gets me, hooks me and just shakes his head up and down.... so i kill myself anyway.

    STOP REWARDING LOW SKILL KILLERS

    Played a game recently in which a two man swf dc'ed in tandem with a message sent after that read," You're just a tunneler, so we're DCing to deny you points." Complete with smile emoji and lol at the end.

    I hooked on in the basement within the first minute, the other immediately ran to rescue, tried to lure me into a chase, only to have a random unhook with me still right outside the shack. I break chase, and the random has ducked into a locker, leaving the rescue to run alone up the stairs, where I swat them down and go to hunt the rescuer. Leaving them on the stairs, they almost immediately dc'ed alongside their friend who also messaged me in a snit because I didn't continue chasing them after the rescue.

    THIS is not rewarding low skill killers. This is punishing people like you that feel entitled to controlling matches. You all complain about killers slugging and taking the game hostage until you bleed out, but you never acknowledge all of you that force killers to play your way or risk losing points/progression/objectives because you dc at the drop of a pin.

1 2 ›