Do you ever see good random map [not using offering map] for killer ?
I usually play without map offering and people who came to my room.... even as killer and as survivor....
and the result all random map always coldwind farm , Autohaven, Red forest..... which really survivor based
I never see good random map like Grave of Glenvale, Silent hill or Meat Plant.... for killer based
I thought map will be random when no one using map offering... why only 3 old map show in the game.... and really punishing killer ??
Comments
I get a ton of autohaven as killer. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Some Autoheaven maps are best for Huntress. Blood lodge for example. Low obstacles, couple of good cliffs, very few trees. This map is nightmare for any different killer but huntress. Survivors can see you coming no matter how sneaky you are.
Indoor maps are best for Hag. Good for majority of killers because survivors often get confused where killer coming from (except midwtich which is only good for hag, nurse and maybe spirit). But it is barely playable for huntress, deathslinger, hillbilly, oni.
Hag can easily win on any map. But some corn maps if absolutely unplayable gor her because gens located so far away from each other and there is absolutely no tight corners which you confident survivor get into. This maps are so wide you can't put your web efficiently to cover several gens and still have ability to teleport. Gens are just so far away.
Corn maps are nightmare for most killers because of corn blind. But if you are range killer or killer with high mobility, and you have some good tracking perks and perks for aura reading, you have a decent advantage.
In my opinion most balanced map is Badham. It has strong and weak areas, which is good and bad for killers and survivors equaly.
You can't really tell which map is survivor/killer based because killers have different powers that can benefit from different maps. It's some kind of rock-paper-scissors.
Personally i find any of the original maps the best to play on as killer (even farm maps, with the exeption of rotten fields) becuase most of these work for almost any killer and alot of the loops can be mindgamed. Alot of newer maps yes they have shorter loops but they have really annoying pallets and windows which waste so much time, like the dead dawg saloon windows and the god pallets in midwhich. Some other good maps i find include father campels chapel, new temple of purgification and swamp.
But to answer your question, i find i get maps i want and good ones about as often as i get maps which i don't want and are bad.
I got a few good maps for killer today. 2 Coaltower, one Wreckers Yard, etc.
Some days the game allows you some chill games as killer.
It is hit or miss for me. Some nights I get great maps all night. Other nights , it's like 3 Haddonfields in a row, no offering.
Same as survivor. Those are the nights I love the triple Haddonfield.
There's maybe 1 genuinely killer sided map in the entire game, and that's Azarovs. Ever single other "killer sided" map, from Dead Dawg to Hawkins, is actually just a stealth map that becomes killer-sided when all 4 survivors have neon clothing or just the worst luck with choosing the walls to hide behind. And neither The Game or Midwich are killer sided. The Game is just 16 safe pallets in a row and absoluty no windows (which make it miserable for survivors because the entire gameplay is just throwing pallets), and Midwich is actually kind of balanced in the sense it favours no-one.
So no, I don't get the one killer sided map very often, or even killer-sided variations of maps like Shelter Woods. Mostly, it's actually pretty balanced for me. Or I get Haddonfield/Ormond as survivor and kind of just feel bad the whole time.
The game killer sided? What
I tend to get only farm maps, the entity just knows how to torture me i guess.