Can I sell dbd related stuff?

So I’m an artist and I have a few designs of my own that I want to start selling but they include dbd characters. I’ve tried looking to see if we’re allowed to do that but I couldn’t find anything. It would be great to know so I don’t get into any legal issues.

edit: I guess I should’ve been a little clearer, what I meant to ask is if we are allowed to use the dbd characters(not licensed) in our own designs( fanart that we made) to sell (like stickers and shirts)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • If they're og designs (Characters not in the game) you should be good so long as you remove all copyrighted characters.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    If they're og designs (Characters not in the game) you should be good so long as you remove all copyrighted characters.


  • Technically no, as BHVR owns the rights to the characters.

  • I don't believe so, not without express permission from BHVR. If someone comissioned you to turn their art into a sticker, or if someone comissioned you to create art of DBD Characters, it'd be a different story, but from the way you're describing it'd be illegal, and BHVR could send you a Cease and Desist, requesting you stop. Even if it's your artwork, it looking like The Trapper and being called The Trapper are both protected under Copyright law.

    Sorry man.