Kindred Tweak & Commentary on Possible Solo Shift to Match SWF

I've often lobbied (and will continue to do so) for splitting Solo and SWF into different Ques. I think the company would open up some good monetary streams from new Team cosmetics out of it to boot. But, that isn't what I'm arguing today. To be fair, I started thinking about what could/should be done if the goal was to somehow bring Solo Players more on par to SWF. It has a lot to do with information. For example:

  1. SWF Survivor is on the Hook. He/she immediately communicates location and whether or not the Killer is still around (to his/her knowledge). They also say things like, "No way I'm getting out. I don't want you to come get me." A hooked SWF can choose to tell teammates not to attempt rescue and still buy them time instead of sacking out.
  2. Solo Survivor is on the hook. He/she can attempt to communicate by doing the weird arm movements, but nobody agrees on what they mean. They can't tell the other people NOT to save them. And more often than not due to Kindred they can SEE people coming to do a fruitless attempt. The only way they can be heroic is to try to sacrifice and die faster on the hook.

Do you see the disconnect above? I think Kindred needs an addition, i.e. allow the hooked the Survivor to push the "Y" button to turn their Aura GREEN which signals all clear, come and get me. Or they can push the "B" button which turns their Aura Red which means "All is NOT clear, do not come and get me." This simple binary allows the Hooked one to communicate at least the gist of what the SWF is passing along.

In addition, I think Kindred might have to be considered as a "base kit" rather than a Perk. I say this because only one person has to have it and everyone benefits. However, Solo don't know who else has it. Even in the Lobby we can't often communicate faster to save that wasted Perk slot because many of our peers are Console or whatever and can't hear us. Thus, Solo can have up to three Survivors taking the Perk that wasted the slot. SWF don't do that because they communicate and only ONE of them ever has the Perk. Do you see what I mean?

Comments