What do you guys think about... "Saviour Focusing"
Killers who proxicamp without intending to, or returns to hook cause he couldn't find someone else BUT NEVER tunnels the unhooked one.
Ok, on rare occasions I'm barely getting away from hook and someone unhooks a survivor, OR, I am going away to find someone and I can't, so, I just turn back towards hook cause I know someone is about or is actually unhooking.
All I do is chase the saviour, never the hooked one.
I'm asking cause I've NEVER received a complaint and this has given me lots of easy new chases without even trying to find someone cause the saviour is way too easy to spot. BTW, I always let him unhook no matter how close or far I am, and then proceed to chase him right away.
In other words, I don't return to hook unless I can't find someone else and if I do, I don't do it to secure the hooked one killed, but to get the saviour as a fast new chase strategy.
Survivors see this as "fair play"? I call this "saviour focusing"
Comments
Personally if they're given the chance to unhook and you then don't chase the person who was just unhooked, ensuring that person has more time to play the game and earn bloodpoints and interact with the killer, yeah that's fair play to me.
If you are floating nearby with the sole intention of waiting for a survivor to come to the rescue, then that is still camping.
But it's harder for people to notice so they won't call you up on it as much as face camping.
If you happen to be near the hook for other reasons, then that's just how it is.
I wouldn't have an issue with a killer proxy camping though. It still gives you a chance to save, and as long as they don't tunnel on purpose then its fine by me.
The survivors benefit from this anyway, as you won't be pressuring gens. So in theory, 2 other people will be working on gens the whole time.
It’s a decent stat, but I feel like it falls apart when you get a team of survivors who are efficient on gens. If you play around hooks most of the game you aren’t pressuring gens and if they play smart they could cycle through rescues to make sure you get as many hooks as possible without getting someone out of the game. Good survivors aren’t going to go for unsafe hooks though. They’ll just wait until you’ve left and then unhook safely.
Yes, exactly as I wrote, I NEVER tunnel the unhooked one, damn, I even let you unhook in my face if you didn't give me the time to go away, BUT, I'm starting the chase on the saviour as soon as he gets the unhook, you get me there? And no, I don't camp or even return to hook unless I can't find someone else.
No no, I don't stay close, I ONLY GO TO HOOK if someone unhooks right away or if I can't find someone else
Yeah, that’s not proxy camping. That’s just punishing survivors for going for an unsafe hook.
You have to keep in mind that I am acting whatever would be tactically the best way to play sth out. If I should take the risk and opportunity to at least DW/down the unhooked survivor because it's easy to hit that guy I wil ldo that. If this guy really don't wanna get out of my way, I will chase him. If this guy is dead on hook and I am at a point where I either see the last gen getting popped before I can down the fullife saviour or tunneling a dead on hook guy right away with a small chance left that I can prevent the last from being popped I will take my chances. If he Dses me then fine.
I am not that guy who don't wants to be jerk. Theres only one scenario where I do on purpose bad decisions to give the survivor a feeling of having a chance and let them bailing out after they got unhooked. And that's when there's no chance that they win this game. As long they're making it not too easy and as long I can get more points why not.
Same when I play survivor. I stopped carring about what YOU my teammate or opponent like or not. Beside the fact that people always find sth to complain about I'm just honest. I wanna win. And I have fun when I win a game. So my decisions are based on what I think would help me to win the game. Doesn't matter if it's in your favour or not.
I think most people see this as a super polite way to play.
Ok, serious question. If we cant go after the saviour, what are we supposed to do? Cant hit the hooked person, cant hit the unhooker, thats 50% of the survivors it would be considered rude to hit for 1 hook.
This is exactly what I believe but I wanted another person to say it
Nah, I know that, I just meant to ask if people se the "focus on the saviour" even if another 2 survivors were there as a "fair play"
Tbh I don’t focus that guy and instead if the person gets unhooked I focus him. No reason to pressure a player not even doing objectives. Plus gives pressure on half the team or more if you do.
Ooooh, u mean like 3 ppl right by the hook? Ok that makes mote sense. I still say yes because its drawing aggro :p