These disconnects are spiraling out of control. It's time for bots.
Some people want bots and some people don't, but anything is better than the never ending DC's.
Tonight in my first match I literally waited 15 minutes to get into a survivor match, only for the Killer to immediately quit less than a minute in. More than likely the match would have been abysmal because thanks to the joke of a matchmaking system this rank 13 killer would have gone up against a rank 7, 11, and two 4's.
I get it devs, bots aren't a priority right now, but clearly neither are disconnect penalties since you keep deactivating it. I don't care what you do, but please do something soon because DBD is hard enough to play as it is without DC being an ever looming threat.
Comments
When the penalty was introduced the last time i have noticed an extreme increase in DC's.
In the past weeks i had barely issues with DC'ing players.
Wish I could say the same.
i played a couple of games after some days with ghostiboi people dced because they got exposed and downed. this is so sad. this needs to stop.
This has been the opposite of my experience. When there's no penalty, I notice people will DC on the first hit.
Speaking of DC's I had an interesting match tonight... Playing Billy, one survivor went afk as soon as I got my first hit and stayed afk for the rest of the match. I left them alone after they got unhooked in case they'd come back, but they were unhooked pretty much right in my face, and the Jake decided to sabotage the hook right in my face. Got an easy down on him, and he DC'd. Just a few seconds later I see scratch marks. I followed them straight to a locker, so of course I checked the locker - pulled out a Feng (if I remember correctly) and another instant DC. Now I'm getting a bunch of messages during the match, and I think these pics should tell you the rest lol
It amazes me the lengths people will go to be hostile to one another. I know it's few and far between, but this is just one of the many reasons why DBD has a hard time acquiring new players. Sorry you had to deal with that.
If you guys weren´t aware, the DC penalty has been disabled for the time being because a lot of players (including content creators on stream) got hacked and were forced to dc, resulting in extended bans for the victims.
DC penalty, as much as we need it, won´t come back until the DEVs have figured out a way to prevent widepsread hacking and cheating.
I'm aware of the hacking exploits, but if the game code for disconnect penalties prevents DBD from being hackable (which is concerning enough), then it's time to start looking into other ways to compensate for the DC's.