Massive Tip for Dead Hard

Don't use Dead Hard unless it'll help you.

If you get caught out of position and there's nowhere you can realistically make with Dead Hard, just don't use it. It can trick the Killer into thinking you don't have the perk later on. Or get you a couple extra seconds while the Killer tries to bait the Dead Hard.

Comments

  • I hate to say it, but yes. This is the correct play.

  • I see a lot of survivors use it when in a dead zone on their first hook. They seem to think those extra 1.5 seconds are really going to help their team/ Now I know to bait it out every time on subsequent chases which probably lost them a lot of potential time.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I see a lot of survivors use it when in a dead zone on their first hook. They seem to think those extra 1.5 seconds are really going to help their team/ Now I know to bait it out every time on subsequent chases which probably lost them a lot of potential time.

    I think they still believe they can bait a swing. That hardly ever works anymore since the servers got here.

  • Yeah killers can get pretty crafty when they know you have dead hard. Because of its start up the killer had to be pretty telegraphic or readable in order to time it right otherwise it's just a sprint burst.

  • Dead Hard is exponentially more powerful when it's a surprise that you have it. Trust me, using it to gain an extra second or two is nothing compared to making it to a window or pallet at a critical moment.