CAN'T SEE SKILL CHECKS

So what's up with this bug where you're trying to repair a gen and then all of a sudden you can HEAR the skill check but you can't SEE the skill check. I blew up the gen multiple times and even messed up some heals because of that. So I had to gen tap.

Tagged: ModPending

Comments

  • Is this happening to you every match?

  • @Mandy said:

    Is this happening to you every match?

    No not every match. Only happens when I've been on the game for too long. Like if I don't refresh often I'll end up getting into matches like those where I don't end up seeing skillchecks

  • @Mandy said:

    Is this happening to you every match?

    this is what I am talking about - old reports unnoticed:

    @Useless_Bean said:

    When working on a gen I noticed the skill check appeared then immediately disappeared. I missed the skill check because I couldn't see it, than after that I would get the skill check noise with no skill check but i would still miss it. I've also had this happen while playing against a pig and not being able to see the skill checks while removing a trap. I am unsure how this happens but it doesn't happen that often I'd say once every 50 games probably even less than

    @JButler9182 said:

    I have no idea how this bug occurred, but I just loaded into a match as Survivor on PS4, and I had no UI. I couldn’t see my skills, my teammates at the bottom left, i couldn’t see button prompts or skill checks. Because of this, I couldn’t do anything to help my team, since I couldn’t see skill checks.

    @Brahnidous said:

    PS4

    whenever I would perform an action that would require a skill check the noise notification would occur like normal, however the skill check itself was not visible.

    At least 2 games in a row in occurred

    @JButler9182 said:

    I have no idea how this bug occurred, but I just loaded into a match as Survivor on PS4, and I had no UI. I couldn’t see my skills, my teammates at the bottom left, i couldn’t see button prompts or skill checks. Because of this, I couldn’t do anything to help my team, since I couldn’t see skill checks.


  • seriously? how do you all determine what gets a response?

    @damijim said:

    WHAT TO ADD IN THE DESCRIPTION

    All I did was join a match as a survivor, solo (not SWF), and the HUD never updated past the map name. I also did not have skill checks visuals when trying to repair generators, but I did hear the noise. I didn't try healing. I was also able to find the hatch's aura via Left Behind perk. Thank you DBD Team.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    • Played as Claudette Morel
    • Killer was Legion
    • Played on Haddenfield. I've also had this occur on other maps, I'm certain that it has happened on Backwater Swamp before.
    • Perks were Bond, Left Behind, Dark Sense and Self-Care
    • Used a yellow flash light with brown battery and I don't recall the 2nd addon, but probably a lens.
    • Frequency -> I logged 1,228 DBD hours in 2019 and encountered this issue around 5 times since DBD release on PS4.

    DOCUMENTS TO ADD

    I cannot attach an iPhone formatted movie to the bug report as .mov isn't accepted; it actually crashed my Google Chome tab on Windows 10 after telling me the format wasn't accepted. ;) So, I'm writing this report a second time; here's a tweet with video -> https://twitter.com/damiRubiks/status/1262171546241634304?s=20 .

    Thanks again, DBD team.

    Edit: Fixed link to video.

    https://twitter.com/damiRubiks/status/1255649826827653121?s=20