What Would You Consider 'Meta'?
This goes for Killer and Survivor- what do you consider to be 'Meta' perks on both sides?
Just curious what everyone considers 'Meta'- I'm putting together a spreadsheet which requires this information.
This goes for Killer and Survivor- what do you consider to be 'Meta' perks on both sides?
Just curious what everyone considers 'Meta'- I'm putting together a spreadsheet which requires this information.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
@Peanits is there any way you guys could release a statistics chart with the new changes and show which perks are used most often with the meta ######### underway? I'm genuinely curious to see what really is the meta based off of the statistics from the game , I feel like it's gonna be alot different than the last time we were shown most used perks
BBq, Ruin, Thana, Pop, Infectuous, Sloppy, Nurses
BT, DS, DH, SB, UB, Adrenaline
Those are some top tier Meta Perks.
Survivor - BT, DS, Dead hard, Iron will, Prove thyself, adrenaline
Killer - Nurses calling, BBQ, Thanataphobia, Corrupt intervention, Hex No Ed, Pop goes the weasel, Hex ruin and undying combo
That's actually why I'm putting together a spreadsheet lol- I'm curious as to how many moris, keys, meta perks, etc. Me and my buds were gonna fill out the sheet for a few weeks of all of us playing to see what our numbers look like- but I wanted a clear definition of what we're considering a 'meta' perk, so I made this discussion!
Oooo, nice suggestions! Thank you!
Please read the post- I'm looking for perks!
Since gens are way too easy to finish killers are forced to run perks like ruin+undying and pop+corrupt everygame so these are basically meta.
For survivor the meta is DS+Unbreakable + exhaustion add on which is most likely Dead Hard and either BT, Adrenaline or Iron will as 4th.
Needless to say, on paper the survivor perks outweight the killer perks because BHVR will never nerf them.
Survivor: Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Unbreakable, self-care, iron will, adrenaline, spine chill, borrowed time
Killers: BBQ, Ruin, Undying, Pop, NOED, corrupt intervention
The killer list is a little harder because it depends on the specific killer for example Infectious is meta on oni and nurse, sloppy is meta on wraith, thana is meta on legion, stridor for spirit, tinkerer for hillbilly
Can't forget no mither.
For Surivor it´s pretty easy. In a premade, Object of Obsession makes almost everything else obsolete if used well. For solo, not so much and there´s actually some variety.
I personally run Kindred most of the time, so in a solo setting I consider it "meta". Then you have the allaround strong perks: SB, DH, SC, UB, SG, DS, BT. With the rise of totem builds, Small Game, Detectives Hunch and Inner Strength got more value.
For Killer it´s too hard to generalise. There are perks that work well on every Killer but many of them differ quite a lot in regards of "meta", this can sometimes even be map dependant.
Right now my meta is - bamboozle, Blood Warden, NOED and BBQ.. but I would like to include Spirit Fury and Enduring. Maybe I will change it in future.. on Pig. Pig is my casual meta for red ranks.
Killer: Monstrous Shrine + Cruel Limits + Unrelenting + Forced Penance
Can anyone explain how iron will is meta?
I would say what I consider meta, but then everyone will yell at me, so I'll explain what I consider meta
My survivor meta, imo, is DS, BT, ADREN, Sprint burst, Dead 'Ard, and (TIME FOR THE EXPLANATION PART!) Distortion. Now you may have read that wrong, I said distortion, let me explain
I am cool with people disagreeing, but this perk is very helpful
most effective tactics available
any perk/strat that falls under that, you can probably fill in the blanks
Survivors: Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, MOST Exhaustion perks (Dead Hard, Balanced Landing, Sprint Burst sort of, Lithe.) Adrenaline, Borrowed Time. Iron Will. Object Of Obsession.
Good but non-meta survivor perks: Self-Care, Prove-Thyself, Small-Game, Detective's Hunch, Kindred, Spine Chill.
Killer: Too many to list since it depends on the killer. I'd argue NOED, Pop, Ruin, Enduring, Spirit Fury (Especially when enduring and spirit fury are combined), Whispers, Nurses Calling, Infectious Fright, BBQ.
Good but non-meta killer perks: Save The Best For Last, Play With Your Food, Franklin's Demise, Brutal Strength, Blood Warden, I'm All Ears, Monitor And Abuse, Sloppy Butcher (ESPECIALLY with Bloodhound), Devour Hope, Undying (not really "meta" by itself, but everyone combos it with ruin.)
For survivor? That depends. Meta, as in "most efficient tactics available?" That's a hard one. Perks like Kindred, Bond, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Prove Thyself...
Meta, as in "I'm extremely lazy?" That's simple - DS/UB/SG/DH. Not efficient, but uncounterable and easy.
For killer? Proper Meta is long and complicated and specific to each individual killer. Lazy Meta is easy - Forever Freddy, Stridor Spirit.
Self care is meta for Claudette.
Urban evasion is meta for Nea.
It is a consistently useful perk that will hide you when you are injured. This lack of audio can allow for you to trick the killer, as well as allow you to get away with hiding very close to the killer when injured.
Since Spirit is considered a top tier killer, and relies on audio, a lot of people run Iron Will to counter her, since you make less noise when injured... although many spirits run stridor to counter this/make it easier for themselves.
It also is the reason the bug where dying survivors can't be heard exists. They still haven't really fixed that either, but it has dropped off in recent history.
I see it in roughly half my games.