Hag teleport delay on console

This has been an issue for me for a while, but I've noticed PC players are able to teleport and hit instantly with Hag. I'm on Xbox, and there's always a slowdown to my movement after I teleport and so I have to sit there and chase for a while to get the hit.

It wasn't always like this. I can be looking right at the trap and teleport as soon as I'm able and I'll still be stuck in position for at least a second. Have others noticed this ?

I've also seen PC replays where they aren't looking at traps and still get insta hits so I don't know what the deal is.

Comments

  • Thats a recent-ish thing i think. I played her about a year ago to level her up and don't remember that happening. Then during this archive i noticed it bad. Unless the survivor was in a dead end or playing ring around the rosiehusk, there was no way to get a hit.

  • It's the frames. Always a few seconds behind.

  • Its the scroll wheel technique. When chasing and seeing a survivor running towards a trap you start scrolling and the amount of inputs being used allow you to almost instantly get the lunge. I know the bumpers on xbox controllers can be tapped very quickly but I never tried it myself. Maybe begin mashing it before the trap goes off in that situation.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    It's the frames. Always a few seconds behind.

    could be Dedicated servers too possibly? that just occurred to me.. the timing seems pretty close to when i started noticing it

  • FireUp might help a little. Teleport a second too late and you can still catch up like with other killers.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Its the scroll wheel technique. When chasing and seeing a survivor running towards a trap you start scrolling and the amount of inputs being used allow you to almost instantly get the lunge. I know the bumpers on xbox controllers can be tapped very quickly but I never tried it myself. Maybe begin mashing it before the trap goes off in that situation.

    it will still slow me down even if I time the teleport perfectly though.. it's the movement speed that's the issue

  • Shes never facing the survivor in console when you TP... Another frame related disadvantage for us :)

  • dedicated servers did this to her. One of the many reasons I still find issue with them.

  • @jisp3r said:

    Shes never facing the survivor in console when you TP... Another frame related disadvantage for us :)

    I was mashing the button one time. I see them and they're already 10 feet away.

    Only once did I instant teleport and it was so jarring that I had no idea what to do.