HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE: Dragon's Grip?

HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE?

is a mini-thread series which I've created in order for the community to tell and explain how they would change things in the game.


Today's pick: Dragon's Grip

Comments

  • Remove the "30 Seconds after kicking a Generator" and make it so whenever a Survivor touches a regressing Gen, they become exposed. With the Cooldown of course because without the CD the Perk would be to strong.

  • It’s funny. Dragon’s Grip has netted me some insta-downs, but not as many as I anticipated.

    The perk sounds great on paper, addressing a regularly expressed community concern: “drive by tapping”. I myself would experience that frequently. But now that we have Dragons Grip as an option I’ve stopped seeing this survivor behaviour. Not anywhere near as often anyway. I suppose that in itself is a good thing even if I’m not getting regular direct use out of the perk.

    If I were to change it i’d get rid of the 30 second window. Have it indefinite similar to Overcharge till that particular gen is touched again, BUT for ONE gen at a time only. Once it procs and exposes a survivor, THEN the cooldown starts, to keep it balanced and stop it from becoming overbearing and too frequent.

  • I would make the cooldown work only if a survivor gets affected by it.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    It’s funny. Dragon’s Grip has netted me some insta-downs, but not as many as I anticipated.

    The perk sounds great on paper, addressing a regularly expressed community concern: “drive by tapping”. I myself would experience that frequently. But now that we have Dragons Grip as an option I’ve stopped seeing this survivor behaviour. Not anywhere near as often anyway. I suppose that in itself is a good thing even if I’m not getting regular direct use out of the perk.

    If I were to change it i’d get rid of the 30 second window. Have it indefinite similar to Overcharge till that particular gen is touched again, BUT for ONE gen at a time only. Once it procs and exposes a survivor, THEN the cooldown starts, to keep it balanced and stop it from becoming overbearing and too frequent.

    I will forever stand by the fact that issues with game mechanics should not be "solved" by perks. That's just the devs decisively being unwilling to balance their game with any kind of proper update.

    To the original post:

    Dragon's Grip:

    Any generator you kick has the following effects applied for the remainder of the trial:

    • any survivor who fails a skill check has a 33% chance to receive the Exposed status effect for 15 seconds, and if this effect is applied, the survivor receives a noise notification
    • any survivor who succeeds a great skill check has a 75% chance to deal 5% damage to the generator instead of progress, receiving a noise notification as this happens.


    This is a healthier perk in comparison to what we have currently.