Escaping should not grant 5k points
Granting 5k points to the survivors escaping is often not fair.
Indeed, we see more and more immersed survivors or useless survivors going out (because they have never took any risks) and be granted of 5k points.
Escaping should grant bonus points depending on how you have played during the game, exemple : bonus points = points earned ingame x Z
Z = 0.5 (great play from the survivor)
Z = 0.3 (average game)
Z = 0.15 (bad game)
So someone that played well (20k points) and escape will be greatly awarded with 10k bonus points. Someone that did nothing and stayed hidden in closet (10k) and escape will get 1.5k bonus points.
=)
Comments
IMHO more things should also count towards the "Survival" BP score category like searching chests. Currently only escaping, dying as obsession, very specific killer interactions (mending, snapping out of it vs doc, and I think cleansing vs plague? Heck I'm pretty sure removing Pig RBT's doesn't even count, even though you're doing it to literally survive) self-unhooking (usually very bad idea to try) and self healing give Survival BP. Struggle gives a pitiful amount (and is aborted if you're the last survivor) and wiggling free is very rare.
I disagree. Escaping should be a flat incentive for all survivors. Bloodpoints are already being rewarded differently over the course of the match between survivors who do many interactions and between survivors who do very little. There's no need to make escape points that complex.
Hatch escape should give lowest amount of points. Door escapes caused by hatch closure should give second lowest. Survivors should get 5k if they escape. Additional 1k to 5k ONLY if they achieved at least 4kbp in the other three categories.
I agree with @Toybasher 's suggestion. I always struggle getting points in the Survival category because there are very few interactions that counts toward it. Even evading/running the killer and sneaking past them counts for Boldness rather than Survival.
So, I hardly get more than 500 without actually surviving the trial or not being obsession.
Give survivors 500k per win. Seriously, who cares. BP is just a grinding mechanic. Game would be better without this.
Also self-caring!