Rancor or NOED?
So the spirit has a obsession perk I find to be a better version of NOED. Am I wrong about that.
NOED is a hex which means the exposed status effect, the recover boost and speed boost can be disabled. Where...
Rancor can't disable the exposed status, but no recover or speed boost. On top you see the survivors for a few seconds every time they finish a gen. with the trade off you see them for 5/4/3. when all the gens are done you can Mori your obsession though.
Personally I'm not a great player but I'd say Rancor beats NOED.
NOED is a hex which means the exposed status effect, the recover boost and speed boost can be disabled. Where...
Rancor can't disable the exposed status, but no recover or speed boost. On top you see the survivors for a few seconds every time they finish a gen. with the trade off you see them for 5/4/3. when all the gens are done you can Mori your obsession though.
Personally I'm not a great player but I'd say Rancor beats NOED.
Comments
yeah, especially when you kill the obsession before the last gen pops, that's surely a nice strategy -w-
Nope. Rancor makes the game a 1v3 from the srart because you can just ignore the obsession, tunnel the other 3 down, and finish them at your leisure.
NOED just lets you clean up at the end of a game or come back from a bad game (if the totems don't get cleansed before or after, and you can find and catch someone before the gates open).
Both have their place, neither is superior to the other, but I give Rancor the edge because it has benefits for the entire match rather than just the endgame and it can't be taken away before it ever even activates. And honestly, you could just run both and nearly guarantee yourself a few kills.
I would think NOED is much stronger.
You can put in a lot of damage with NOED.
NOED can also be disabled before it triggers.
I’m excited for a Make a you Choice, Rancor, NOED and Hex: Haunted Ground build. ^_^
And Rancor only shows you the Obsession's location for 3 seconds. Knowing the killer has that perk, you could juke the killer out until the time the exit gates/hatch opens.
NOED... spawned by a hex totem... checking all the places where totems spawn before the last ten. Hex totem next to a gen. Popped it let's escape!
Rancor:
(+) Is like Bitter Murmur without the aura reading
(+) Can instantly down and mori the obsession.
(+) Good when paired with Remember Me and Save the Best for Last.
(+) Can get you an easy kill at the end of the game.
(-) Obsession will know you have it.
(-) Bitter Murmur is better. (Unless with Spirit)
(-) Only works on one survivor.
(-) The obsession might be dead before you can use it fully.
No One Escapes Death:
(+) Can instantly down the entire survivor team in seconds.
(+) Punishes gen-rushing.
(+) Can be useful to get at least one kill or securing it.
(-) Is a hex, therefore can be easily found and destroyed.
(-) Can be negated by cleansing all the totems before the gates are powered
(-) Is a dead perk before the gates are powered.
I think the real strenght of Rancor is its synergy with most obsession perks, so that you can ignore the obsession the whole match to get the benefit from those perks and still be able too kill them easily at the end.