[Story thread] I actually had my internet give out at the start of a trial with a mori
So, my ISP is a piece of #########. The connection gives out once per week, usually during online classes or when I'm trying to study. This time it happened while I was in the lobby, before the offering screen.
When I realized it was about to happen (Discord was having problems, Steam wouldn't send my messages, and I couldn't get any websites to load), I tried to use the task manager to kill the game, hoping it'd be soon enough to trigger the failsafe that prevents a trial from starting with fewer than 4 survivors.
My SWF teammate later informed me that the killer had burned an Ivory Memento Mori. I don't mind Moris, but I thought it was funny that I'd actually suffered from internet issues right at that moment.
Comments
I've had the game freeze or randomly boot me back to main menu just as it hits the offerings screen but before it shows what they are. I'm always amused when it turns out there was a mori or a killer running a miserable to go against load out. My teammate and I just say the game knew it'd be a bad match and decided to help us out by freezing/booting me. ๐
I had my net give out when i was against an Object swf... thank you, internet.
These things happen. I'm a firm believer that if you start a game, you finish it. But real life emergencies and lost connection from time to time are completely understandable and unavoidable. Other people may well assume the worst about you, but until it becomes a pattern, it isn't a problem.
Not my internet but I had my game crash on me when I was killer and there were 2 survivors left. One of them had a key and found the hatch with his friend and started spamming vaults to get my attention.
I just rolled my eyes and made my way over there to just get the match to end to see them frozen in running animations on the spot.
This went on for about 20 seconds until the game crashed and I go to dashboard on ps4. One of the survivors messaged me going "aww cute, nice rage quit". I said to him the game had crashed but he didnt believe me and just continued to be really cocky.
I was half annoyed that I lost out on my points and at the way this guy was being, but found it amusing that if they had just left instead of trying to be ######### about it, they would have got their escape and extra points. Plus the guy had a key, one of the most unbalanced things next to Moris, and was acting so cocky about it. Like calm down bro