On a time crunch, please be honest with me.
So, for reasons I don't want to get into, I haven't been able to play in a while. Dwight has a pizza hoodie in the rift I really want. Bad thing is it's tier 63, and I'm on tier 35. With no challenges done in level 4 and 5 in level 3, with me being able to purchase 4 tiers, do you think there is a slimmer of a chance for me to get it?
Comments
And if not, can I at least get tier 55 just so I can have a full Zarina outfit?
I feel like you'd have to play consistently for hours, at least a full day if you plan on getting it.
1 tier is 10 fragments.
1 fragment is 800 XP.
You get about 650 XP per match.
That means you'll have to play between 12 and 13 matches to go up one tier.
You're starting at tier 39, so you'll have to play approximately 312 matches. And that's if you play extremely well in each match.
Not a chance in hell.
You can calculate it yourself since you'll know how many hours of gameplay a day are feasible for you.
You get 1 XP a second, so for the 800 XP needed you earn a fragment from every 13.33 minutes of gameplay.
But probably better to go with 15 minutes = fragment to account for pre/post game factors.
That's assuming there's basically no downtime between your matches to adjust / level-up / whatever. That extra time mostly accounts for match making... because even once you have all the players you will always wait at least 60 seconds despite all four other players hitting ready like 15 seconds in. That's just how it always goes. It's a universal constant.
With 10 fragment to a level, basically every 2.5 hours of playing nets you 1 level.
Might as well assume you'll crack all the challenges. You'll be playing a lot of games so that's actually not the hardest part, any game = progress whether the challenge goes up or not. So add up all the challenge fragments that are left to claim and divide that by ten to get an idea of just how many levels that would give you anyhow.
Subtract the challenge levels left to gain from your levels needed and multiply those levels by 2.5 to figure out how many hours you're gonna need in total of gameplay to get there.
So, that's
X LevelsTotal - Y ChallengeLevels = Z LevelNeeded
Z LevelsNeeded x 2.5 hr/level = N Hours of gameplay
where N = YOURE #########-ED
That's a little more doable. Still, it's 16 tiers in under 3 days.
On the bright side, if you miss anything it will all come to the store in a minimum of 1 year.
From what I've always heard/read, they said a minimum of 6 months to 1 year. They've never said maximum. They've confirmed the Nurse Blight skin will be in the store next patch, but haven't said anything else will.
It sounds like the only way is to pay for the rift pass and and also pay 100 auric cells to bypass tiers.
So it depends how badly you want it.
As someone who actually likes exclusive cosmetics, I would prefer nothing come back. But I'm sure the Rift outfits will eventually be released. Who knows when though.
If anyone cared, I decided to give up (and not spend any auric cells), but at least I made it to tier 50. David's Jacket was something I really wanted, just so I can do this.
I now have Jotaro David, so that's neat.
You still have 3 hours and 40 minutes to try reach level 55 to get full Zarina's outfit.
Did you complete challenges?
not all of them, but I decided not to go after it. I just wanted it to have a Zarina outfit, don't get me wrong I like the pants and torso, but I really don't care about the head piece.
Also, my internet is terrible, so I don't want to give myself a headache over something I only slightly care about.