What happend to the plans of buffing Blood Warden?

We had a dev stream where the devs spoke about reseting Blood Warden every time someone gets hooked.

What happend to that idea? Was it dismissed? Was it to OP?

I think that most endgame perks need a buff or overhaul. After all, they are useless during the bigger part of the match.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I dunno. It's a full minute which is a lot of time when the entire world is crumbling around you.

    Maybe it starts the end game collapse immediately before any gates are open? But then they'd definitely know you have Blood Warden.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    I dunno. It's a full minute which is a lot of time when the entire world is crumbling around you.

    Maybe it starts the end game collapse immediately before any gates are open? But then they'd definitely know you have Blood Warden.

    One idea i liked was for it to regress the exit gates to remove the 99% meta.

  • Huh, that's not even the idea i thought of when i saw this discussion, i thought this would be about blocking the Hatch.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661129#Comment_1661129

    One idea i liked was for it to regress the exit gates to remove the 99% meta.

    Yeah but if you want to do anything with Blood Warden the gates have to be open, so doing a switcheroo is counter intuitive.

    And even though it's situational, you can completely screw over someone's escape. Had a 1k snowball into 3k with Pig. Had no idea where the 4th was, but 2 and 3 were trying to make an exit and tried hiding in some lockers when they realized what happened. Got some savory hatemail that day.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    I dunno. It's a full minute which is a lot of time when the entire world is crumbling around you.

    Maybe it starts the end game collapse immediately before any gates are open? But then they'd definitely know you have Blood Warden.

    Chases can last more than a minute. Especially with DS and BT.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661135#Comment_1661135

    Yeah but if you want to do anything with Blood Warden the gates have to be open, so doing a switcheroo is counter intuitive.

    And even though it's situational, you can completely screw over someone's escape. Had a 1k snowball into 3k with Pig. Had no idea where the 4th was, but 2 and 3 were trying to make an exit and tried hiding in some lockers when they realized what happened. Got some savory hatemail that day.

    It is hilarious when you get BW to go off. I had a bad game as trapper on Oni's map. I got a few hooks but no deaths. They open the gates and I chase 2 out. I managed to down and hook 1 at like 40% time left. I allowed them to save him and I followed them without attacking. I guess they thought I was tunneling and waiting for BT to wear off. Then they got to the gate and realized they couldn't get out. Even in the end game chat they were like "That was awesome!" They weren't salty or anything. Why can't I get more survivors like that?

  • When did they say that? Before or after EGC was a thing?

    But honestly, I am never a fan of Endgame Perks. Pretty boring IMO.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661129#Comment_1661129

    Chases can last more than a minute. Especially with DS and BT.

    You can also end a chase instantly when they're injured or with Noed when it's a cocky group of survivors teabagging at the exit. It's situational but when it hits, it hits hard.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661148#Comment_1661148

    It is hilarious when you get BW to go off. I had a bad game as trapper on Oni's map. I got a few hooks but no deaths. They open the gates and I chase 2 out. I managed to down and hook 1 at like 40% time left. I allowed them to save him and I followed them without attacking. I guess they thought I was tunneling and waiting for BT to wear off. Then they got to the gate and realized they couldn't get out. Even in the end game chat they were like "That was awesome!" They weren't salty or anything. Why can't I get more survivors like that?

    Another game I had as Pig, I killed 1 survivor already (apparently I left them slugged too long and the next down was an instant kill) and I got my second kill hooking someone in end game.

    Well it was down to a Meg and a Claudette running towards the exit gates and they were confident enough to teabag several times before....not escaping. I downed the Meg instantly and the Claudette gave me a chase. Hooked her eventually but I probably should have nabbed the Meg first. She escaped just before I got to her when it wore off.

    I think it was before the hatch can be closed thing and it was near Claudette so that might've been my reasoning. But that was another game where Blood Warden became a wild card.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661157#Comment_1661157

    You can also end a chase instantly when they're injured or with Noed when it's a cocky group of survivors teabagging at the exit. It's situational but when it hits, it hits hard.

    But most of the time, due to 99% the gate, it doesn´t hit.

    It has actually a very short timeframe to trigger.