Let's talk about Aura-reading perks on map-pressuring Killers. (Oni, Hillbilly, etc.)

This isn't a thread to bash Aura-reading perks in any way, shape or form (BBQ & Chili, Bitter Murmur, etc.). I use them myself.

I wanted to ask everyone: What do you think, is this fair?

On many occasions, what happens to me if I go against a good Oni or Hillbilly, is that once they hook someone or a generator is repaired, they instantly use their insta-downing power to go to me or a different person, with help from an Aura-reading perk. If they manage to instantly find the other person they went to, they can easily down everyone if they just go from person to person. This is all dependent on both side's skill, obviously.

Personally, I will remain neutral, since I don't want to annoy anybody or get into any arguments. I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks.

Comments

  • Aura Readings are fine. In the end, there are counters against BBQ. Not so much against Bitter Murmur, but it is rarely used since it can only be activated 5 times and relies on the Survivors doing their Objective, which you actually want to prevent.

    The only issue I have with BBQ is that a Killer can bring their strongest Add Ons, a Mori and play as scummy as they like and still get a decent amount of profit. Like, went against a Wraith with All-Seeing, silent Bell (13k BPs combined) and a Mori (total of 20k BPs combined), who just camped everyone and morid them. He got 19k BPs, but with BBQ, he got 18k BPs profit, more than every Survivor. So for BBQ I would like to see something that only if all Survivors are alive, Stacks are given for it. Even tho, this needs to be tuned because of DCs and Hook Suicides, but just a general idea.

    But just as a sidenote, I will get a lot of ######### for that, I know, but it just came to my mind.

    Back to Aura Reading - the bigger problem is more the strength of the Killer. Like, Oni can be too oppressive (I think Billy is fine, even without the Overheat-Mechanic, but thats a different topic), but that is not the issue of BBQ, which is overall balanced when it comes to Aura Reading. You have to keep in mind that a nerf to BBQ which would affect high-mobility Killers would be a Nerf to every Killer who uses BBQ, even if it is a Wraith which can benefit from it, but is not as oppressive as Oni.

  • @Godot said:

    This isn't a thread to bash Aura-reading perks in any way, shape or form (BBQ & Chili, Bitter Murmur, etc.). I use them myself.

    I wanted to ask everyone: What do you think, is this fair?

    On many occasions, what happens to me if I go against a good Oni or Hillbilly, is that once they hook someone or a generator is repaired, they instantly use their insta-downing power to go to me or a different person, with help from an Aura-reading perk. If they manage to instantly find the other person they went to, they can easily down everyone if they just go from person to person. This is all dependent on both side's skill, obviously.

    Personally, I will remain neutral, since I don't want to annoy anybody or get into any arguments. I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks.

    Aura reading is apart of the game. I enjoy the way the entity shares info with the character but I hate OoO and that is the only one I don't like. I don't like using the word fair but damn that perk sux(in a swf)

  • @jackal470 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195683/lets-talk-about-aura-reading-perks-on-map-pressuring-killers-oni-hillbilly-etc

    Aura reading is apart of the game. I enjoy the way the entity shares info with the character but I hate OoO and that is the only one I don't like. I don't like using the word fair but damn that perk sux(in a swf)

    As a joke, we played as a 4 man OoO and even so, only 2 of us escaped. We even used 3 Open-Handed and 3 Kindred. It might be powerful if only one person uses the perk, but it's seriously not that big of a hassle. Perhaps it is a problem if the survivor using the perk is part of eSports or something and is generally really good.

  • Oni only has his power temporarily and chances are if BBQ is active he doesn't as it cancels on pickup and he has to expend some ontop of that for a down. Billys a bit more restricted in using his chainsaw for cross map mobility nowadays so unless he snipes you (your fault) he'll have trouble sawwing you.

    I think BBQ is pretty incredibly easy to counter nowadays. It's pretty eay to be in range and not be found and if you're that worried most gens are within 16m range of a locker unless you're on a swamp map.

  • Oni is such a strong killer,if you take his aura reading addon he becomes an impossible killer to escape againts.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656368#Comment_1656368

    As a joke, we played as a 4 man OoO and even so, only 2 of us escaped. We even used 3 Open-Handed and 3 Kindred. It might be powerful if only one person uses the perk, but it's seriously not that big of a hassle. Perhaps it is a problem if the survivor using the perk is part of eSports or something and is generally really good.

    I personally don't like it, I didn't say it can't be beat....I just don't like the amount of shared info for doing nothing