Macmillan Rework: Bring back the Blue tint

Guys, congratulations on the great work on Macmillan. The new maps are stunning: I loved the new walls style, the shack, the stuff in the yard, etc. But I loved the blue tint it had. Can you guys bring it back? Thanks in advance and congrats again

Comments

  • I hate the tints, makes the game look too cartoony, specially the green

  • I disagree - the tints made some Survivor cosmetics too viable for stealth options. Lighting should continue to be as neutral as possible, white-toned, and dynamic like they appear to be trying to go for.

  • @arcnkd said:

    I disagree - the tints made some Survivor cosmetics too viable for stealth options. Lighting should continue to be as neutral as possible, white-toned, and dynamic like they appear to be trying to go for.

    That still leaves a lot of cosmetics too viable for stealth, just different ones.

    With the tints, cosmetics that do well on MacMillan do quite bad on Autowreckers and vice versa.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662452#Comment_1662452

    That still leaves a lot of cosmetics too viable for stealth, just different ones.

    With the tints, cosmetics that do well on MacMillan do quite bad on Autowreckers and vice versa.

    It is a trade off yes, but one that really only helps the ones that are already brokenly strong for stealth (Claudette's cosmetics, etc.)

  • @arcnkd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662508#Comment_1662508

    It is a trade off yes, but one that really only helps the ones that are already brokenly strong for stealth (Claudette's cosmetics, etc.)

    Claudette is problematic no matter what the lighting is. Her p3 alone is invisible on practically every map. The only counter to her is essentially a map that's fully white, but lets be fair, 90% of killers would be spotted from miles away on such a map.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662524#Comment_1662524

    Claudette is problematic no matter what the lighting is. Her p3 alone is invisible on practically every map. The only counter to her is essentially a map that's fully white, but lets be fair, 90% of killers would be spotted from miles away on such a map.

    The change is simple, but they won't take the effort to do it - go into her cosmetics and change the color scheme of her problematic tones and dark outfits as compensation and balancing. Yes, her skin color is dark - it does not "need to be changed", but it is a factor for balance and so her clothing should be brighter in comparison so she isn't the "go to" for toxic/immersive stealth gameplay.

  • @arcnkd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662550#Comment_1662550

    The change is simple, but they won't take the effort to do it - go into her cosmetics and change the color scheme of her problematic tones and dark outfits as compensation and balancing. Yes, her skin color is dark - it does not "need to be changed", but it is a factor for balance and so her clothing should be brighter in comparison so she isn't the "go to" for toxic/immersive stealth gameplay.

    Yeah, I get that they might have a hard time touching her because its very easy for people to call out any racism. But facts are facts, she has a dark skin complexion, giving her a dark outfit makes her simply invisible on dark maps, which are most maps considering darker maps tend to be scarier.

    I mean, they gave Adam a white coat as a base coat to prevent a p3 thats invisible. They gave Detective Tapp a relatively bright blue outfit even though the outfit he normally wears is a darker blue, so he wouldnt have a nearly invisible p3. Let alone that both are nearly twice the size of claudette. And what do the devs to do to make Claudette even worse? They give her a black anniversary skin that is free to get for every single person who doesnt like prestiging. Claudette is a massive problem in visibility, and the existance of Self Care only makes that worse.

  • @Deficient_Artist said:

    I hate the tints, makes the game look too cartoony, specially the green

    graphics we're getting now are too cartoony. What we had before was less so. I don't want the game to have the same aesthectics as Fortnite.


    So, yes, I support the tints. Love the blue when done right. Note how in 2016 DbD, default Dwight could hide against the shack and not be seen by an inattentive killer because the color pallet and material were similar enough. I would like that back.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662437#Comment_1662437

    graphics we're getting now are too cartoony. What we had before was less so. I don't want the game to have the same aesthectics as Fortnite.

    So, yes, I support the tints. Love the blue when done right. Note how in 2016 DbD, default Dwight could hide against the shack and not be seen by an inattentive killer because the color pallet and material were similar enough. I would like that back.

    The game looked awful before though, im sorry but there is nothing that resembles a cartoon now disregarding cosmetics