Tunneling isn't 'Skill'

*I'm re-making this post due to my point being unclear as such. *


Ive played against many tunnelers, as I'm sure most of you have aswell, and alot of them seem to think it's some sort of 'Skill'. I've even had people message me saying 'It's called being skilled' and many similar messages.

Now Im not saying you shouldn't tunnel, because I cant control you can I? But I don't know which part of hitting the same person over and over again has skill.

Skill is something you are good at and it can be learned from other people. However it's not unique to be able to hit the same person again...everyone can do it...It isn't some sort of mastery.

I believe tunneling should only occur when your doing really poor, such as no kills/Gen rushed/Toxic swf players. Ive played killer, and I know how annoying it is to do really bad and not get a single kill, all killers want at least ONE kill.

The fact I've seen red ranks use this and claim 'Your the closest person', no s**t sherlock I just got off the hook near you, I'm not going to be across the map am I?

At the end of the day, I'm not saying DON'T TUNNEL YOUR RUDE YOUR UNFAIR. I'm saying, don't brag and think your really good because you tunneled a 4k.

You may get tonnes of points which is true, but don't call yourself a skilled killer, spare me the bs *yawns*

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650659#Comment_1650659

    The pip system is not my boss. It can't tell me what I should make my objective. And I often play with Make Your Choice, which makes many unhooks unsafe. You also guessed wrong, I'm red rank. Rank 1 most of the time. Rank 2 when playing with weak killers.

    There are no true weak killers. Besides, rank 1 isnt an accomplishment anymore. And yes, the pipsystem is your boss. If you dont make it, then you lose your ranks.

    The only bad thing is that killer pips are far too lenient and survivor pips are far too punishing. And before you start saying "there is so many skilless red rank survivors" I agree, but that doesnt change that fact. Red rank survivors lose pips for things they have 0 control over, red rank killers get black pips for simply existing and gain a pip if they manage to do their job half assed.

  • I believe you are conflating skill and strategy. Tunneling does not require any skill outside of normal chasing skills. It IS, however, a strategy that is sometimes sppropriate, sometimes neccesary, and sometimes detrimental. Just like camping (although, I suppose camping has a few unique "skills" associated with it to use it to full effect, unlike tunneling).

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650704#Comment_1650704

    I totally agree on that one. Fighting all the bugs dead zones and all the crap that comes with dedicated servers your lucky if you get a 2k against red ranks survivors

    lucky to get a 2k against redranks? Man, then you're not even close to being a skilled nurse. I've seen plenty of skilled nurses, the best counter you have is faking you go behind a wall, and even then the nurse can still react fast enough to blink back and hit you. If you go against a truly skilled nurse, you're lucky to have a hatch escape. Any nurse player who think they barely can get a 2k with her power are players who are thinking they have to use nurse in a similar way they would use normal killers. But you gotta realize that for Nurse, walls do not exist, and that she has stronger auto aim after a blink. Once you truly realize that, you realize that there are no loops against nurse, there are only things that block your vision.

1 2 3 4 ›