What's the best way to improve?
Survivor main with 3.3k hours of game under my belt but this season has either been harsh on me or I'm just honestly bad at the game -- or the ranking system is a lot shittier than even I imagine? The highest I've ever gotten was 4 ( VERY proud of those three games ) but I'm stuck in the teens now and I just wanna get back to where I normally am.
It's hard because I'm solo but there's not much I can do about that; best I can come up with is continue watching youtube streams like I have been and just... keep playing. I don't know? Perhaps those of you who have seen some of my gaming have some critiques?
Comments
You have 3.3k hours yet you ask these questions?
You really should have the basics down, if it´s teammates that screw you over often maybe try a more self-sufficient build.
There´s always advanced stuff to watch though. Fungoose has nice educational content for example.
Wait... you have 3,300 hours in this game? I swore you were in the below 500 hr crowd from your other posts and still unlocking stuff.
Anyways... info perks and making full use of those perks is big. I recently saw a pretty solid video from PainReliever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Jcc55adkw&ab_channel=PainRelieverwith running commentary on things that should be coming naturally to you as a survivor at this point. He's about at the level you should be playing at without any "pro gamer" aspirations after a certain number of hours as long as you're constantly trying to improve and thinking about the current match. I like his voice and humble demeanor too so take a look at his other 2 games too if you want
Don’t rely on gen slow down perks. They get nerfed.
Yeah, about half of those is SWF with an ex, but the rest of it is all on me LOL. Thank you, I do enjoy PR's stuff so I'll take a look at this. I only recently turned to youtube and the forums for help.
I think I have basics down but I only recently started taking a hard look at my game because everyone says it's so easy to reach rank X, whatever that may be, but clearly I don't find it easy!
I don´t find it as easy to reach high ranks as surv either. Mostly because it often is outside of your control, especially if you´re the first one chased and camped/tunneled out of the game without doing anything or teammates literally leaving you hanging.
If you´re good it´s a numbers game, you will climb if you´re determined I´m sure.
When you have a good player in your game spectate him after you die and watch how he plays. This is what I do with my friend that's new to the game. I just tell him to watch me and see where I'm looking, what I'm doing and in general the actions I take in certain situations. This improves them very quickly.
That's my hope. I started playing killer literally three days ago and went from 20 to 12 and I'm sure if I kept going I'd just go higher so maybe I'm just batting for the wrong side, idk.
This isn’t an entirely fair response. I agree however that a solo survivor needs to be able to rely on some degree of self sufficiency, but sometimes things just go south because of the random, emergent nature of the game.
To the OP, my advice is to re-embrace caution. I don’t mean slink the whole match. Just treat the beginning of the match as reconnaissance. I.e. it’s best to know what you’re dealing with before immediately jumping on a gen. Spawn with other survivors? How are they behaving? Are the immediately recklessly running everywhere leaving scratch marks? What if you all spawned near the killer? Do you want to get caught out because of reckless teammates? These are the kind of things I focus on in the beginning. What am I dealing with, and how are the other survivors behaving.
You´re right, I should have thought this one through a bit better. I´m tired.