Rankings

I know they say ranking dont matter but I've always wondered what % of people where at certain ranks. Like what % of people are in red ranks...purple ranks...etc.

does anyone know if there are stats for this available? I've gotten to 7 and no lower(higher? which word is correct?) I just would like to know where the rest of the community lies...for my own interest. ๐Ÿ™‚

Comments

  • I never understood why people say ranking don't matter.

    It matter on terms of displaying your "skills", and also if you play meta stuff obviously.

    Even tho, I couldn't care less about the ranking system.

  • These are some old polls but this is what I could find.

    https://www.strawpoll.me/16257582/r (Survivor)

    https://www.strawpoll.me/16257592/r (Killer)

    Obviously people more active in the community are more likely to be higher rank because of the investment they have. I'm no exception and consistently hit red ranks on both sides.

  • I'd say a pretty high percentage are in red ranks and people are right. Rank means nothing. I just went against a team of all rank 1-3 as Wraith with only Shadowborn and Sloppy both tier 1. I harmlessly bonged while watching them pop the first gen because I was messing around and then proceeded to 4k as addonless Wraith with basically 1 perk on Autohaven.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    I never understood why people say ranking don't matter.

    It matter on terms of displaying your "skills", and also if you play meta stuff obviously.

    Even tho, I couldn't care less about the ranking system.

    It's unfortunately more of a measure of time spent since with enough games played unless you're actively trolling you will most likely end up at R1 (especially as survivor just because how pipping works). This could be more accurately reflected as just a "Number of Matches played as:" counter without making people feel like they were "outclassed" when they see red colors when they were in the purple ranks etc... because let's be honest that really isn't the case.

    In my experience a majority of rank 1~3s play no differently than anyone rank 9 and below but just have more games played during this particular rank reset. A few good killers or even solo queue survivors will inevitably be hard stuck in R1 red and in theory should be getting matched with one another more often (hidden matchmaking formulas and all that) but given how partial swfs (like duos) get glued together and plenty of killers who've been feasting on potatos to rank up the skill levels vary greatly even at "red ranks".

    There's a reason most people check steam profiles in the post game lobby to get a more accurate picture because people with 8000 hours or even 2~ thousand like me might have picked up a trick or two during all that time mucking about

  • @Heartbound said:

    These are some old polls but this is what I could find.

    https://www.strawpoll.me/16257582/r (Survivor)

    https://www.strawpoll.me/16257592/r (Killer)

    Obviously people more active in the community are more likely to be higher rank because of the investment they have. I'm no exception and consistently hit red ranks on both sides.

    Poll is interesting. Like Survivour has 1 at #1 and 2 @ #17. So confusing. Its funny cause I assumed there would be less players at 1 than lower levels. I guess I was wrong...

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644527#Comment_1644527

    Poll is interesting. Like Survivour has 1 at #1 and 2 @ #17. So confusing. Its funny cause I assumed there would be less players at 1 than lower levels. I guess I was wrong...

    Keep in mind the sample are people that are more likely to be invested in the game than the rest of the playerbase... they're on the forums after all.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644524#Comment_1644524

    It's unfortunately more of a measure of time spent since with enough games played unless you're actively trolling you will most likely end up at R1 (especially as survivor just because how pipping works). This could be more accurately reflected as just a "Number of Matches played as:" counter without making people feel like they were "outclassed" when they see red colors when they were in the purple ranks etc... because let's be honest that really isn't the case.

    In my experience a majority of rank 1~3s play no differently than anyone rank 9 and below but just have more games played during this particular rank reset. A few good killers or even solo queue survivors will inevitably be hard stuck in R1 red and in theory should be getting matched with one another more often (hidden matchmaking formulas and all that) but given how partial swfs (like duos) get glued together and plenty of killers who've been feasting on potatos to rank up the skill levels vary greatly even at "red ranks".

    There's a reason most people check steam profiles in the post game lobby to get a more accurate picture because people with 8000 hours or even 2~ thousand like me might have picked up a trick or two during all that time mucking about

    Now I'm interested in a poll of how much time people spent playing this game. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • I'm at a little over 1k hours so that's like 250 hours a year. Lobby times have gotten much, much better for red rank killers lately but I spent a lot of that time in lobbys too. So. Yeah.

  • Ranking matters to some extent, but it's far less precise than a formal MMR system (in theory). The odds of rank 1-10 players being better than rank 11-20 is better, for sure.

    Basically anyone from Rank 1-17 could be a good player.

    Basically anyone from Rank 1-17 could be a pretty flawed (or just chill) player.

    That's not to say everyone Rank 18-20 is BAD. Some have watched a lot of Youtube videos and will steamroll other similiar ranked players.

    Basically anyone from Rank 1-20 could be playing a new survivor or a new killer (especially killer) with few or no perks and crap addons and be a complete waste of a player slot.

    That's what's meant by "Rank doesn't matter."