Why does Freddy's power have such a low range?

I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

Comments

  • he is strong enough
  • I want to know why Doctor's power range is so short. you basically have to be grinding against the survivor in order for it to work as well.

  • Doctor's power is fine just add distressing and you have addons to extend the range of carter's spark and his static field.

  • @HellDescent said:
    Doctor's power is fine just add distressing and you have addons to extend the range of carter's spark and his static field.

    I'm talking about without add ons. Add the fact that he slows down a little while he's charging allowing the survivor to just barely gets out of range.

  • @BigBadPiggy I play as doctor 80% of the time and get all survivors get to tier 1 madness within 30 seconds with just his static field, which is more then enough to get the momentum and have one hooked right away. And the range of carter's spark is perfect to prevent looping.

  • akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because

    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

  • akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because

    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.
    

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because

    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 

    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though, freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.

    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.

  • akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.
    

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because

    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 

    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though, freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.

    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.

    I main freddy and 4k without tunneling, even at high rank. It's all about set ups. What kills freddy is the transition, make it 5 seconds and make it so players can't do channeling actions except unhook for transition and freddy can now defend. So now though dream transition takes time, freddy has defense. It is chase range so you cannot snipe, seeing someone from meyers long stalk range and sleeping them sucks cause you can literally spin and find people since people don't know where you are.
  • @HellDescent said:
    @BigBadPiggy I play as doctor 80% of the time and get all survivors get to tier 1 madness within 30 seconds with just his static field, which is more then enough to get the momentum and have one hooked right away. And the range of carter's spark is perfect to prevent looping.

    Don't pay attention to him.
    He is a known complainer on the forums here.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    
    akbays35 said:
    

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because
    
    
    
    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.
    

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 

    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though, freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.

    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.

    I main freddy and 4k without tunneling, even at high rank. It's all about set ups. What kills freddy is the transition, make it 5 seconds and make it so players can't do channeling actions except unhook for transition and freddy can now defend. So now though dream transition takes time, freddy has defense. It is chase range so you cannot snipe, seeing someone from meyers long stalk range and sleeping them sucks cause you can literally spin and find people since people don't know where you are.

    Well I'm a low rank pleb against swfs and the only way I can get a 4k as freddy is tinkerer, remember me, whispers, and nurses calling. Camp the obsession, get 5 hits on it, watch the gens get done in 3 mins (at most), put the remaining survivors to sleep at the exit gates, slug hook and repeat for like 5 minutes cause survivors take a century to kill. Freddy has no map pressure AT ALL, he has no way of easy downing survivors unless with perk setups, unless you go lategame obsession(dying light, remember me, noed, blood warden) and camp you are not going to even get a 2k even against a low rank derp team, objectives(gens, hooks, attacking) actually work against freddy and the less there is on the map the better off he is ironically. I suggested a range buff to give some kind of map pressure for Freddy since he severely lacks it.

  • akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    
    akbays35 said:
    

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because
    
    
    
    I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.
    

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 

    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though, freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.

    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.

    I main freddy and 4k without tunneling, even at high rank. It's all about set ups. What kills freddy is the transition, make it 5 seconds and make it so players can't do channeling actions except unhook for transition and freddy can now defend. So now though dream transition takes time, freddy has defense. It is chase range so you cannot snipe, seeing someone from meyers long stalk range and sleeping them sucks cause you can literally spin and find people since people don't know where you are.

    Well I'm a low rank pleb against swfs and the only way I can get a 4k as freddy is tinkerer, remember me, whispers, and nurses calling. Camp the obsession, get 5 hits on it, watch the gens get done in 3 mins (at most), put the remaining survivors to sleep at the exit gates, slug hook and repeat for like 5 minutes cause survivors take a century to kill. Freddy has no map pressure AT ALL, he has no way of easy downing survivors unless with perk setups, unless you go lategame obsession(dying light, remember me, noed, blood warden) and camp you are not going to even get a 2k even against a low rank derp team, objectives(gens, hooks, attacking) actually work against freddy and the less there is on the map the better off he is ironically. I suggested a range buff to give some kind of map pressure for Freddy since he severely lacks it.

    There's add ons for range, so just use them
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    
    akbays35 said:
    

    @Dabrownman1812 said: akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.
    

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 
    
    
    
    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though,  freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.
    
    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.
    

    I main freddy and 4k without tunneling, even at high rank. It's all about set ups. What kills freddy is the transition, make it 5 seconds and make it so players can't do channeling actions except unhook for transition and freddy can now defend. So now though dream transition takes time, freddy has defense. It is chase range so you cannot snipe, seeing someone from meyers long stalk range and sleeping them sucks cause you can literally spin and find people since people don't know where you are.

    Well I'm a low rank pleb against swfs and the only way I can get a 4k as freddy is tinkerer, remember me, whispers, and nurses calling. Camp the obsession, get 5 hits on it, watch the gens get done in 3 mins (at most), put the remaining survivors to sleep at the exit gates, slug hook and repeat for like 5 minutes cause survivors take a century to kill. Freddy has no map pressure AT ALL, he has no way of easy downing survivors unless with perk setups, unless you go lategame obsession(dying light, remember me, noed, blood warden) and camp you are not going to even get a 2k even against a low rank derp team, objectives(gens, hooks, attacking) actually work against freddy and the less there is on the map the better off he is ironically. I suggested a range buff to give some kind of map pressure for Freddy since he severely lacks it.

    There's add ons for range, so just use them

    I know there is they actually don't make freddy any more effective than what he is sadly, the dream transition ones are a must have because it takes forever for them to go to sleep. It really shows that Freddy suffers from time lost more than any other killer especially since he can't interact with survivors without his power.

  • akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:

    akbays35 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    
    akbays35 said:
    

    @Dabrownman1812 said: akbays35 said:

    I'm curious about this, it seems really dumb.
    

    So you can't spin around and snipe people just because I just feel like it should be treated more like Myers stalk, if they are within line of sight they should be put in dream state, not where they are almost in melee range.

    It's not melee range, and it's too long a range guy if it's like meyers stalk. Cause you can snipe and know where they are. Unbalanced to see someone from afar, sleep them. There's add ons to increase the range if you need. Freddy of done with all his powers in mind is op cause he can control the dream environment too, Freddy is cool how he is cause you need to find them first. 
    
    
    
    Ok chase range, same difference. I think it's a substantial problem though,  freddy can only get a speed increase by putting people in dream state. The dream state has such a short range and a survivor takes off, I have to chase them down, then put them in dream state which sucks if they have sprint burst (always). If they can just get the into the trans if I aim and put them on line of sight that would help with some of Freddy's power discrepancy.
    
    EDIT: I also wanted to say that Freddy's Power is really bad in general, you're having to waste so much time just to hit survivors. Maybe I need to play him more, but I feel like you cannot succeed as Freddy unless you go full tunnel to secure a 2k or depend on bad survivors.
    

    I main freddy and 4k without tunneling, even at high rank. It's all about set ups. What kills freddy is the transition, make it 5 seconds and make it so players can't do channeling actions except unhook for transition and freddy can now defend. So now though dream transition takes time, freddy has defense. It is chase range so you cannot snipe, seeing someone from meyers long stalk range and sleeping them sucks cause you can literally spin and find people since people don't know where you are.

    Well I'm a low rank pleb against swfs and the only way I can get a 4k as freddy is tinkerer, remember me, whispers, and nurses calling. Camp the obsession, get 5 hits on it, watch the gens get done in 3 mins (at most), put the remaining survivors to sleep at the exit gates, slug hook and repeat for like 5 minutes cause survivors take a century to kill. Freddy has no map pressure AT ALL, he has no way of easy downing survivors unless with perk setups, unless you go lategame obsession(dying light, remember me, noed, blood warden) and camp you are not going to even get a 2k even against a low rank derp team, objectives(gens, hooks, attacking) actually work against freddy and the less there is on the map the better off he is ironically. I suggested a range buff to give some kind of map pressure for Freddy since he severely lacks it.

    There's add ons for range, so just use them

    I know there is they actually don't make freddy any more effective than what he is sadly, the dream transition ones are a must have because it takes forever for them to go to sleep. It really shows that Freddy suffers from time lost more than any other killer especially since he can't interact with survivors without his power.

    Depends on build, I run clasphoto add two seconds and sweep, many others do too. The benefit of taking a bit to fall asleep just has to be worth it.