Iron Maiden nerf booooooo

"Fixed an issue that caused grabbing survivors out of lockers to be accelerated when using the perk Iron Maiden."

Why was this changed? It was a pretty interesting semi-counter to DS as it would make the skill check come up almost immediately and a lot of survivors miss it not expecting.

Also what is the point of opening lockers faster if you don't also pull them out of the locker faster?

I swear Huntress reloads better stay fast with Iron Maiden or ima lose it.

Comments

  • It’s not a nerf but a bug fix. It wasn’t intended.

    if it was an intended feature, survivors would just learn and adapt to the skillchecks, so nothing really lost here..

  • @Mooks said:

    It’s not a nerf but a bug fix. It wasn’t intended.

    if it was an intended feature, survivors would just learn and adapt to the skillchecks, so nothing really lost here..

    Yeah, thank god it got "fixed" after 2 years.

  • This bug fix didn't need to happen because the perk is already pretty mediocre. I agree @thesuicidefox what's the point of opening lockers faster if you don't pull survivors out faster? Yeah you get exposed on survivors leaving lockers but that's already so niche.

  • I liked watching the animation of grabbing a Survivor go absurdly fast.

    Now all I can use this perk for is Scream Challenges with Iron Maiden Doctor.

    :(

  • Like, what's the point of "bugfixes" like this? It's not like Iron Maiden was doing something weird and completely outside the scope of the perk like that one Wake Up bug from a while ago. It literally just helped the perk do the one thing it was made for: To punish survivors that try to utilize lockers. It may have not been an intended feature, but it made the perk more interesting and seamlessly fit into the perk's function.

    The recent Surveillance "fix" is the same way. They can call it whatever they want, but it is obviously a nerf. One nerf to a useful perk that isn't ingrained in the meta, and one nerf to a perk so far outside the realm of usefulness that it fits into absolutely no one's build (like Hangman's Switch which honestly was more useful before the rework)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640879#Comment_1640879

    I would have been fine if they didn't patch this, but pulling people out faster is a pretty useless effect compared to the rest of it. That saves you what, 1-2 seconds per grab? And that's if you get a grab from a locker while running Iron Maiden, which is already really unlikely because the second people realize you have Iron Maiden they'll stop going into lockers.

    It makes the perk fun and interesting and now it's just another exposed perk that is easily played around. The timer is so short that you need a mobile killer to even hit them and most of the time you wouldn't need this perk to down them on those killers. If you're close enough to down them from a locker you could just locker grab them anyways.

    Garbage perk overall. The grab should be kept in and be put on steroids is how I see it. It's not even a good perk on the killer it was made for that should tell you enough. Only good on Huntress for easy reloads and maybe Doctor who doesn't need it. The only good thing about this perk is figuring out where the last 1-2 survivors are hiding if they're being immersed and there are better perks for that.

    Ultimately not much changes admittedly but a small bug fix on a garbage perk that's been unchanged for years I really don't get it just leave it as is. Why did this NEED CHANGING of all things. How does this get recognized as broken after so many years and then fixed like it was an issue?

  • not great perk anyways they just made it more useless.

  • @Mooks said:

    It’s not a nerf but a bug fix. It wasn’t intended.

    if it was an intended feature, survivors would just learn and adapt to the skillchecks, so nothing really lost here..

    I'm really angry and sad about this change, Iron Maiden at least could save you some time when some poor Dweet jumped into the locker, also it countered flashlight locker saves. :(

  • @Exerlin said:

    Like, what's the point of "bugfixes" like this? It's not like Iron Maiden was doing something weird and completely outside the scope of the perk like that one Wake Up bug from a while ago. It literally just helped the perk do the one thing it was made for: To punish survivors that try to utilize lockers. It may have not been an intended feature, but it made the perk more interesting and seamlessly fit into the perk's function.

    The recent Surveillance "fix" is the same way. They can call it whatever they want, but it is obviously a nerf. One nerf to a useful perk that isn't ingrained in the meta, and one nerf to a perk so far outside the realm of usefulness that it fits into absolutely no one's build (like Hangman's Switch which honestly was more useful before the rework)

    You have a good point about Wake Up, but I disagree that the Surveillance nerf was bad. It actually was NOT like that when it was first fixed, it only started to leave the gens white rather recently. And it is ridiculously OP as there is no way to touch a gen without the killer knowing. If I was running Ruin/Surv/Undying on Spirit you would never be able to even start a gen before I'm on you. It was rather unfair. I'm fine with it how it is, adds a fair weakness to the build.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640897#Comment_1640897

    You have a good point about Wake Up, but I disagree that the Surveillance nerf was bad. It actually was NOT like that when it was first fixed, it only started to leave the gens white rather recently. And it is ridiculously OP as there is no way to touch a gen without the killer knowing. If I was running Ruin/Surv/Undying on Spirit you would never be able to even start a gen before I'm on you. It was rather unfair. I'm fine with it how it is, adds a fair weakness to the build.

    Oh my bad, I was under the assumption that it was like that since its first buff that made the perk actually good.

  • Bug fixes are not nerfs I swear everyone makes one of these threads anytime a bug is fixed what’s next

    “Hooks are buffed because killers can now use them again” 😱

  • I didn’t know that it was even bugged, but certainly it wouldn’t have taken them so long to fix it? I mean, that’s like saying the devs didn’t fix a bug that benefited the killer for 2 years (even though only slightly but enough for people to be enraged about the fix). That can’t be true.

  • Isn't the perk supposed to speed up locker interactions? Why not have it speed up pulling Survivors out of the locker? This is just random change that nobody asked for #59325849.

  • Why did they even take time out of their day to fix this...so unnecessary lmao, I didn't even know it was a bug I thought it was a neat feature but not according to the masterminds at BHVR I guess

  • @RizeAki said:

    Bug fixes are not nerfs I swear everyone makes one of these threads anytime a bug is fixed what’s next

    “Hooks are buffed because killers can now use them again” 😱

    The animation made ds skill checks more sudden and unexpected, and also shaved a couple seconds off the locker grab animation. You can spin it whichever way you want but it is absolutely a nerf to the perk.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640920#Comment_1640920

    The animation made ds skill checks more sudden and unexpected, and also shaved a couple seconds off the locker grab animation. You can spin it whichever way you want but it is absolutely a nerf to the perk.

    why does a .5 second difference matter? Usually when Iron Maiden is run it’s for three reasons 1. Faster Reload on hatchets 2. Better tracking with bbq 3. On bubba when people try to locker tech chainsaw for a m1 insta down when they jump out instead of wasting charges to tantrum into the locker

    Never met anyone who cared about the faster grabs cuz as you said about ds if they have it and hit it which they will no matter the .5 seconds it appears faster they have got away

    If they don’t have ds it doesn’t matter no time do you hook and go to a gen .5 seconds before it’s gonna pop and it doesn’t get committed

  • @Mooks said:

    It’s not a nerf but a bug fix. It wasn’t intended.

    if it was an intended feature, survivors would just learn and adapt to the skillchecks, so nothing really lost here..

    If it's been in the game for 2 years and the description implies it does it, it's a feature, not a bug.

    The devs have been describing 'nerfs' as 'bug fixes' because they apparently think all killer players are #########.

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640867#Comment_1640867

    If it's been in the game for 2 years and the description implies it does it, it's a feature, not a bug.

    The devs have been describing 'nerfs' as 'bug fixes' because they apparently think all killer players are #########.

    Does the description imply this? (I really don’t know, I am playing in a different language with terrible translation..


    but only because a bug is long time in doesn’t mean it should become a feature of the devs did never intend for it.

  • ngl when i read this i got flashbacks to the "bug fix" of legion being able to open lockers while in frenzy...


    @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1641109#Comment_1641109

    Does the description imply this? (I really don’t know, I am playing in a different language with terrible translation..

    but only because a bug is long time in doesn’t mean it should become a feature of the devs did never intend for it.

    have you heard about Tractor tech (both - there is one with each window)?

    legions general ability to open lockers during their frenzy?

    myers only needing more stalk (when using add ons that increased stalk time) for the first time getting to tier 3?


    yeah all of those are official features now, even though they started out as bugs.

    and considering its Iron Maiden we're talking about here, that perk really, really doesnt need any nerfs to it.