Free rewards in the rift should be more fitted for free-to-play players

Hi ! I have a suggestion. I think free rewards in the rift should be more fitted for free-to-play players. The situation for now is that there fewer rewards in the first place for free players (I understand that it's to encourage players to pay for premium rift rewards but that's not the point).

The point is that some of these rewards concern The Doctor for exemple, who's a dlc killer. My point is that free rewards in the rift should concern more the base survivors (the four trinity : Claudette, Jake, Meg and Dwight) and the free killers (Trapper, Wraith and Huntress).

That's my contribution for today. Have a great day !

Comments

  • You can buy doctor for free with shards. I don't see the issue.

  • Yeah sure you can do that. But there's many dlc characters in the free rift rewards and you can't buy all of them with just free shards ;)

    Maybe it's not something very important for the majority of players but I'm a F2P player and that would make a difference for me, that's all :)

  • @Raptors1365 said:

    Yeah sure you can do that. But there's many dlc characters in the free rift rewards and you can't buy all of them with just free shards ;)

    Maybe it's not something very important for the majority of players but I'm a F2P player and that would make a difference for me, that's all :)

    "Yeah sure you can do that. But there's many dlc characters in the free rift rewards and you can't buy all of them with just free shards ;)"

    Yeah, you can. The only characters you can't get with iri shards are the licensed ones, but licensed characters will never be in the rift. Every character with skins from the free or premium track you can get with shards.

  • Thanks I didn't knew that all rift rewards concern shards-accessible characters (damn my english sucks, sorry I'm from Quebec :P)

    Yeah you can, but it would take a looooooong time to get them all. You get like 300 shards for leveling up. A character price is over 9000 ! (I had to do it xD)

  • @Raptors1365 said:

    Thanks I didn't knew that all rift rewards concern shards-accessible characters (damn my english sucks, sorry I'm from Quebec :P)

    Yeah you can, but it would take a looooooong time to get them all. You get like 300 shards for leveling up. A character price is over 9000 ! (I had to do it xD)

    You right, it's tedious as heck. I'm lucky the Console versions have Of Flesh and Mud and A Spark of Madness for free. But every one else was an absolute chore (as the only non-licensed chapters I bought were the ones with Adam and Yui). Anyways, I believe in you. You can do it.

  • Of course it takes a bit to get all the chapters for free. They also rely on some income. How many hours have you played the game already? How much money did you give them?

  • @CheeseAnton Wow ! I didn't know that console had those 2 chapters for free ! :O Doctor and Hag are two good killers I want to have :P

    @Deadeye I know it takes a long time to get all the chapters that's the point. And off course I know I should pay to have more characters. As I was saying I'm a free-to-play player and I started playing seriously last week. I see this habit all the time in free/low cost video games. There's always a system of point that represent currency and you have to buy currency to get decent results in the game. I just want Dead By Daylight to be less this type of game because we're talking about new outfits for characters. Wow that was a long explanation, I'm not mad I'm just hype for writing :P

  • @Raptors1365 said:

    @CheeseAnton Wow ! I didn't know that console had those 2 chapters for free ! :O Doctor and Hag are two good killers I want to have :P

    @Deadeye I know it takes a long time to get all the chapters that's the point. And off course I know I should pay to have more characters. As I was saying I'm a free-to-play player and I started playing seriously last week. I see this habit all the time in free/low cost video games. There's always a system of point that represent currency and you have to buy currency to get decent results in the game. I just want Dead By Daylight to be less this type of game because we're talking about new outfits for characters. Wow that was a long explanation, I'm not mad I'm just hype for writing :P

    With one difference: you don't need to buy anything to have decent results in DBD. It is often mentioned that really good players don't need perks at all. Otz has a video about good builds for every killer without teachable perks of other killers. The only thing is that you get less variety. But Billy and Nurse are for example in the top 5 of everyone's tier list, so no need to buy a strong killer. Regarding perks it is just certain builds that you cannot play, but with the perks you get there are still viable builds possible.

    And you can get quickly to certain builds that you want most. For example if you want gen control, Tinkerer is on a basic killer, Ruin and Pop are on killers that can be bought with shards. You just need to decide what is your main desire. And with a bit of luck, the progress is faster by getting the right perks in shrine.