Is devour revealed on ability attacks?

i know otz was able to hide it in the tourny by using plagues ranged but tru3 played a game where the survivors were apparently notified with huntress hatchets? They could be lieing but ive never tried this with huntress but this isnt the first time ive heard of this interaction.

Comments

  • Depends. Plagues Corrupt, no it doesn't but I believe it does with most alt attacks? Not on Chainsaws but yes on Shred, Ambush, Frenzy, Hatchets, and I think on Punishment Of The Damned but I'm not sure about that one. I don't think I missed one..? All of those (maybe with exception of POTD) all reveal Exposed even though they get no benefit from survivors being exposed.

    Edit: Blight's Lethal Rush.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Depends. Plagues Corrupt, no it doesn't but I believe it does with most alt attacks? Not on Chainsaws but yes on Shred, Ambush, Frenzy, Hatchets, and I think on Punishment Of The Damned but I'm not sure about that one. I don't think I missed one..?

    Blight, the Lethal Rush is not considered a "basic attack"

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Depends. Plagues Corrupt, no it doesn't but I believe it does with most alt attacks? Not on Chainsaws but yes on Shred, Ambush, Frenzy, Hatchets, and I think on Punishment Of The Damned but I'm not sure about that one. I don't think I missed one..?

    My Only question is why since its only supposed to be revealed if you mori or down some with a basic attack. Like noed.

  • @Pior_Morte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638983#Comment_1638983

    Blight, the Lethal Rush is not considered a "basic attack"

    Damn forgot the blight

    @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638983#Comment_1638983

    My Only question is why since its only supposed to be revealed if you mori or down some with a basic attack. Like noed.

    It shouldn't be but it is.

  • Yet demos shred, pigs dash and hatchets don't work with stbfl or pwyf. You would think BHVR would make things a bit more clear.

  • It should not be revealed. They changed it a few months ago, before you would get notified by Special Attacks (e.g. Huntress Hatchets and NOED, you got the notification, but no Instadown), but it got changed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It should not be revealed. They changed it a few months ago, before you would get notified by Special Attacks (e.g. Huntress Hatchets and NOED, you got the notification, but no Instadown), but it got changed.

    which patch was this?