Stakeout buff suggestion
Getting close to the Killer fills you with determination. For each 15 seconds you are standing within the Killer Terror Radius and not in a chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens.
When Stake Out has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks, consume 1 Token, and reveal the Killer to all Survivors not in a chase for 5 seconds.
Comments
It should only reveal the aura to the user, to be more balanced.
The best change for it on my opinion os: all skills checks gives the 3% bonus progression, not only when consuming a token.
An aura reveal aspect to the perk would be really nice. At this point I can't imagine ever taking this perk into a trial. I don't understand the point of it right now as it is but at least your idea would make it worth SOMETHING.
I used it recently to knock out the 20 great skill check challenge quicker. Regardless it 2-4 FREE great skill checks with no risk of regression/alerting the killer. It also allows a missed skill check as long as the miss is before the skill check window if that makes sense. I have missed multiple skill checks entirely because of lag/killer perks but stakeout will grant a great anyhow but not if the cursor goes past the window.
I remember when stake out actually had some sort of use against old ruin
Oh, that actually makes sense. I wonder if it works with DS that way LOL
I didn't actually know that it gave you a good skill check even if you missed before (trying to get a good skill check, I assume)
Sounds like a good perk for people who are bad at skill checks (so new players) and unfortunate console players (I ain't hitting a great skill check against Spirit on Léry's on the Switch 😩😩😩) but still not something I'd ever take over the likes of DS/BT/SB/etc. 😕
I'd rather it be buffed to work with Stealth Killers in some way.
Got any Killer with Undetectable? Well guess you're SOL on getting tokens.
It about GREAT skill checks not skill checks in general. When I run the perk my great is maxed every time. No I can't hit a GREAT every time not going to pretend I can but I don't miss skill checks very often either. It works on healing to and great skill check advance the heal really quick which can come in handy with a tunneling killer and there is a marginal bonus to gens as well but there are no limit to the tokens you can get in a match.
I'm not saying you can't hit great skill checks, I just meant that it didn't seem TOO incredibly useful to a player who can consistently hit greats- what kind of bonus does it give to you if you do hit a great when you have tokens? I struggle to hit great skill checks on Switch (for obvious reasons) but have no trouble at all with them on PC unless I'm not paying much attention.
Free great skills checks are nice but I don't think that even buffing that perk will make it anything a lot of players look and think, wow, let me replace Spine Chill/Alert/Bond/etc., with this tbh
What if it revealed the killer on all Greats?
This would give the perk value, and the Tokens (while useless to players who always land Greats) would still give those who cannot hit Greats chances to get value from the skill too.
----
If revealing the aura to all Survivors is too much, then have it reveal the Killer's aura to yourself and Survivors within 8m of you (on the same gen).