Too many people DC or kill themselves on hook. How should they be punished or dealt with?

I don't know guys what do you think?

Comments

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632556#Comment_1632556

    Personally I don't know what they could do but I feel suiciding should be punished. I had an idea about gen speeds months ago. What if we had some sort of AI Director like in L4d. Something that watches the flow of the match and adjusts things depending on whats happening.

    If survivors die early, survivors repair gens faster, are more likely to kobe, higher luck when searching chests

    If the killer is getting crushed gens repair slower, survivors take longer to heal.

    Little things like that. I still feel the core problem is quitters.

    your idea is good. but having appealing rewards for sticking to the match might be a better idea. for example, for every disconnected player the rest of the players get a 20% (can be adjusted) extra bloodpoints similar to BBQ perk.

  • Remove moris and nerf stalkers. That would help with DCers.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1634295#Comment_1634295

    I totally CAMPED someone when I get a DC the minute I find the first survivor. That's right, first survivor found (not seen just found) they dc... please tell me how I camped that survivor? or even tunneled them when I had not hooked a single person. then the next one to dc was the claudette that ran me quite well and I finally got them downed.... they dc'd right then. lol keep saying it's only because the killer is bad etc.

    DC penalties should exist and they should escalate to complete game blocking by bhvr. I don't care how many hours you have in, 5 minutes is nothing. 10 minutes is nothing. should start maybe 5 minutes, then 10 minutes then 30 minutes, then 2 hours, then 6 hours, then up from there. this should be done on behavior's side and through steam so steam locks them out of playing thus no one can mess with it like hackers have done.

    "suicide on hook" this is fine as it is using in match functionality.

    I am tired of people saying they shouldn't exist, the penalties are needed, the rules in the game need to be enforced. at this point people are exploiting a feature designed to end games that would never end due to a bug or issue that occurred.

    If I understand correctly I talked about this: "...which is I hook them in under 30 seconds. You can't fix bad luck though...".

    I also never stated that there shouldn't be a penalty (unless you mean other people's on this discussion?)

    Tbh I think they need to address why people DC before they introduce stronger penalties. If you introduce strong penalties right away, people will just stop playing altogether in frustration. Hmm... Or maybe add in game penalties, like item restrictions? That wouldn't affect others too much.... I think

  • @Leovanni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635530#Comment_1635530

    If I understand correctly I talked about this: "...which is I hook them in under 30 seconds. You can't fix bad luck though...".

    I also never stated that there shouldn't be a penalty (unless you mean other people's on this discussion?)

    Tbh I think they need to address why people DC before they introduce stronger penalties. If you introduce strong penalties right away, people will just stop playing altogether in frustration. Hmm... Or maybe add in game penalties, like item restrictions? That wouldn't affect others too much.... I think

    the whole bit I was responding and you quoted the last bit: "Stop camping or tunneling perhaps? That may be the easiest way to deal with it. I don't I've ever gotten DCs as a killer except in one case. Which is I hook them in under 30 seconds. Can't fix bad luck on their part though." my response was for the FIRST question "Stop Camping or Tunneling perhaps?" my response was the fact that we had just loaded in and i had a dc, and how could I camp that? how could I tunnel someone I didn't even see? the other comments was also in general to the sentiments against the post idea (let me DC). I also wanted to talk about that the penalties are too weak in general.


    I agree there are things that need to be fixed but 80% of these things are not something the DEVS can fix. most are a change of attitude in the players. but without the devs starting to enforce the rules that change won't happen because people will take advantage of the situation because there is no enforcement. one way will be to remove the functionality to just disconnect. That won't STOP the disconencts but it'll make it harder for people to legitimize things when they have to keep reopening and shutting the program down as it takes time.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632556#Comment_1632556

    Personally I don't know what they could do but I feel suiciding should be punished. I had an idea about gen speeds months ago. What if we had some sort of AI Director like in L4d. Something that watches the flow of the match and adjusts things depending on whats happening.

    If survivors die early, survivors repair gens faster, are more likely to kobe, higher luck when searching chests

    If the killer is getting crushed gens repair slower, survivors take longer to heal.

    Little things like that. I still feel the core problem is quitters.

    Well i suggested a Charge Based Repair System (hooked survivor lose charge = repair slower while the others who safe or get near a camped hook get a repair speed buff).You could add charge to the remaining survivor but i dont think even with faster repairs you will win a game in a 3vs1. Just punish those who kill themself early or dc on purpose.

    If only we had a system to punish dc and survivor couldnt kill themself right away.

  • You can’t force someone to stay in a game they don’t wanna be in LOL

  • They shouldn’t? If they aren’t having fun they aren’t forced to stay in the game. It’s obviously childish, but most games don’t have a dc penalty.

  • @DariusB92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632556#Comment_1632556

    Its been my thought but I think one generator should automatically start per disconnect. It's really hard when a teamer DCs and then his team follows. Or even at the start of the match when one DCs. I know sometimes it's connection and sometimes intentional but it's really hard to continue as a survivor. I don't support the time bans but feel the DCing could be appropriated other ways

    Imagine the killer gets a three gen and the survivors can’t get a gen to pop because of it and one of them just DCs so a gen pops lmao

  • Punish Dc's: Yes

    Punish Suicides: No

  • I will absolutely leave a match without remorse if I see people trying to work with the Killer or if someone is just blatantly being toxic. I play for the fun and the challenge, not to watch people crapping on someone elses day or not playing the 'intended' way (ie: farming)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think you should learn to use forum search function instead of asking the question that was asked 976 times already.

    And how many times was a real solution found?

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633922#Comment_1633922

    A week ban for leaving a video game?

    My god, that's nonsense.

    Why? You shouldnt care if you leave anyway.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    You can’t force someone to stay in a game they don’t wanna be in LOL

    But they should be pretendet to play the game then anymore. DCers dont deserve to play online games.

1 2 ›