I agree, at first I was caught off guard and I was like "eugh" and reached for my throat protectively because it kinda sounded or at the very least reminded me of someone with a super bad raspy-wheezy cough for some reason.
After a bit of time I understood what they were going for and I think I kinda like the added element of realism to the generators now.
Hate the engine rev sound. It gets annoying really quick because of how often it happens, add multiple survivors on a gen and it's extremely obnoxious. The high pitched sound can cover the sound of a skill check giving killer free Huntress Lullaby effect.
Gens sound like Gens now, they could probably make the rev noises happen less though, it sounds like someone impatient trying to start a faulty Lawn Mower
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I agree, at first I was caught off guard and I was like "eugh" and reached for my throat protectively because it kinda sounded or at the very least reminded me of someone with a super bad raspy-wheezy cough for some reason.
After a bit of time I understood what they were going for and I think I kinda like the added element of realism to the generators now.
Hate the engine rev sound. It gets annoying really quick because of how often it happens, add multiple survivors on a gen and it's extremely obnoxious. The high pitched sound can cover the sound of a skill check giving killer free Huntress Lullaby effect.
Its a step in the right direction, but I wish they were quieter as they get a bit annoying after a while.
This new sound has not been implented to make it better or more modern or realism... It's a killer buff that was not announced.
Now killers will clearly know (from a great distance) if the gen is being repaired or not... Well...
Gens sound like Gens now, they could probably make the rev noises happen less though, it sounds like someone impatient trying to start a faulty Lawn Mower