Legion Cosmetic and BHVR lying.

Why even put the cosmetic in the game if its one drawing factor for players is the changing mask. When you are too lazy to program the changing mask?

20200915_184429.jpg

This is just a lie. They are actually just blatantly lying to us now expecting us to believe whatever they say.

No, a cosmetic change depending on the state of the character is possible. Unreal engine has the capability for it. Many games have cosmetics entirely based around them changing or moving.

Not only that but I can prove they are just too lazy to do it themselves.

There are cosmetics in the game that already change when the character does something. Heck one character in the game is entirely based around that very thing. His name?

Oni.

Oni is proof that this is a lie and they are either too lazy or too greedy to make his mask change.

BHVR, don't lie to us at the very least. Just say that making it would be too expensive for the time required instead of trying to pass of the BS that it isnt possible.

I would have paid good money for that cosmetic too, but now. Who is gonna care.

The only one who should care is Amacky, the guy who made the cosmetic. He put all the effort into making the video and the different mask states, only to have it get put in the game in a Great Value, knock off brand state.

Comments

  • I feel bad for the guy also. Though I will say I think there's one slight issue with them creating the Legion akin the way we wanted it.

    With that much time creating a face that would change based off what's happening it would take too much time and effort for a rift skin. If the skin was buyable then I'd imagine they would've done it. Also imagine the amount of bugs and glitches that would've came out with this skin.

    Let's think of some random ones for fun:

    • Certain faces can't be flashlighted
    • Certain faces don't appear at the correct time
    • Multiple faces appear at the same time, overlapping each other
  • @CashelP14 said:

    I feel bad for the guy also. Though I will say I think there's one slight issue with them creating the Legion akin the way we wanted it.

    With that much time creating a face that would change based off what's happening it would take too much time and effort for a rift skin. If the skin was buyable then I'd imagine they would've done it. Also imagine the amount of bugs and glitches that would've came out with this skin.

    Let's think of some random ones for fun:

    • Certain faces can't be flashlighted
    • Certain faces don't appear at the correct time
    • Multiple faces appear at the same time, overlapping each other

    Tbh that last one sounds like an amazing feature worthy of a final rift skin.

  • @Cerebral_Harlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624397#Comment_1624397

    Tbh that last one sounds like an amazing feature worthy of a final rift skin.

    It would be amazing for us but basically giving out a skin for free with all that effort put into it would be silly by behaviour.

  • To expand on this, BHVR would allocate a budget (more complex = more time to create = costs more salary-wise) to every skin they approve of building out for release. The contest winner skins are going to be free, so they'll have a lower budget/time cap.

    Having an effect like changing faces is absolutely doable (simple UV animation would suffice) and BHVR are aware of that, but it'd take longer to do. It'd effectively be a legendary skin, and BHVR don't want to sink the cost of developing a legendary that everyone gets for free.

    Hopefully we'll get a similar style effect in the future, as it was a very cool idea... just expect it to be a very expensive skin.

  • Honestly, while this skin is hands down the best, and absolutely everyone and their mom would buy it (twice), I don't trust a company like BHVR to actually code it. They can barely make the game function like normal on a given basis. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I've never seen a game become as broken as DBD does with the addition of a new DLC. The fact that there are still bugs in existence from inception (that most developers would have had taken care of before they actually released) shows that their coders are not very competent. Sure, they managed to make a game, but it's pretty clear that most of their team didn't actually go to any kind of technical school for programming. I would hate for them to literally bastardize the brilliant work of Amacky, and quite honestly, that's what they'd do, which would upset me more than them ultimately doing what they've decided to do.

    Personally, I think they should quit the friend-zone bs, and actually hire some competent people so that their game doesn't die off when people finally decide they've had enough of bugs that anybody attending school for this stuff would have learned to fix on day 1. I'm honestly surprised nobody else has come up and released a DBD clone that actually functions properly. Considering the fact that DBD is pretty much a clone of Friday the 13th, there's not much that BHVR could do about it if someone did.

  • I'm not surprised.

    It's the same excuse used when being asked about Legendary outfits. There is obviously a rigging process that would have to take place on every other outfit pieces related to that character which means more time being spent. So that they look normal and not have a shirt clipping through a skirt... etc.

    Instead, they use words like "artists can get more creative" . Take the latest Kate Denson outfit for example. There is virtually nothing special about this cosmetic that would warrant it a linked outfit. The hair doesn't have a special physics , the skirt part of the dress doesn't flow/move in any special way or any different than those that aren't linked, the details are still as good as the rest of them... like at least if you are going to use words like that at least have the proof to back it up when the cosmetics come out.

    Because so far for me Limitations/Creative Purposes = Unwilling to put in the extra work.

  • Kinda sad they didn't but I don't personally mind that much

  • @Zagrid said:

    Why even put the cosmetic in the game if its one drawing factor for players is the changing mask. When you are too lazy to program the changing mask?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/P0E2GZDX3A9S/20200915-184429.jpg

    This is just a lie. They are actually just blatantly lying to us now expecting us to believe whatever they say.

    No, a cosmetic change depending on the state of the character is possible. Unreal engine has the capability for it. Many games have cosmetics entirely based around them changing or moving.

    Not only that but I can prove they are just too lazy to do it themselves.

    There are cosmetics in the game that already change when the character does something. Heck one character in the game is entirely based around that very thing. His name?

    Oni.

    Oni is proof that this is a lie and they are either too lazy or too greedy to make his mask change.

    BHVR, don't lie to us at the very least. Just say that making it would be too expensive for the time required instead of trying to pass of the BS that it isnt possible.

    I would have paid good money for that cosmetic too, but now. Who is gonna care.

    The only one who should care is Amacky, the guy who made the cosmetic. He put all the effort into making the video and the different mask states, only to have it get put in the game in a Great Value, knock off brand state.

    You really can't know how hard it would be for the devs to create that mask.I mean,just look at the Bunny Feng cosmetic.It took them like 3 or 4 years to add this skin into the game because they had a hard time finding a way to seperate the hood and the jacket.

    Also,i don't think you can compare this issue with Oni.I'm no expert but i could imagine that it's doable on Oni because he was designed with that in mind,Legion however wasn't.