Which map are you most excited about it getting reworked graphics wise?
Please tell us which map you are most excited about it getting reworked graphics wise. Tell us in detail how you expect it to be and for example how you would like the new shack to look like.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Ormond. It looks really bad in my opinion. The idea of a snowy lodge ís great on paper, but the execution was not good. I also hope it gets darker then, because current Ormond looks like it is in Daylight with a lot of snow. The snow in general can be better IMO, currently it only washes out the Map.
Shack can be a Building built out of Logs.
purely for game play I have to second Ormond. But if we are talking about just the visuals then its gotta be Gideon's. I hate playing that map but a visual rework could make it an amazing place to die/kill
GIDEON MEAT PLANT - DESIGNERS PLEASE! PLEASE FIX THIS MAP!
NOT Haddonfield 😭😭 it's my absolute favorite map, purely based on visuals and aesthetic, and I hate thinking of it changing much. With how many killer mains complain about how much they hate the map, though, I can only imagine it's probably next in line for a rework. I hope they keep the look and the cool blue tones, though!
As for maps I'm actually looking forward to, I think a Coldwind rework will be interesting. I don't mind the corn being kept simply because I would love to see what a new appearance for it would look like.
Red Forest also seems like it could be really cool, especially if they change Temple of Purgation to be more fitting to Plague.
Haddonfield
I would lie the outsides of houses to have more of a difference in terms of how they would be decorated along with the insides have better features like the furniture being worn due to damage over time with some more placements in other rooms. The houses look a bit too empty atm. Also and update to the lighting fixtures and garden ornaments/sheds/fences.
The streets and cars along with the road could also pay more homage to the halloween films with bits of ripped clothes and blood in various places, dents in cars as if someone fell onto them in a chase.
I am hoping while they are doing the update they look closer at the map itself and do some long awaited fixes.
Gameplay wise Mother's Dwelling and The Game.
Visual wise Autohaven maps, they lookk awful.
All of the old ones NEED it, but personally I would really like to see The Temple of Purgation visually reworked, with more Plague and babylonian elements throughout the map.
I can't wait to see Haddonfield with conditional windows rather than like 3 open ones on every house.
The Swamp could also be a lot more atmospheric.
I think Coldwind, Red Forest, and Backwater Swamp would benefit the most from a visual update to (hopefully) boost game performance on those maps and make them more pleasant to play on.
The Game, Haddonfield, and Ormond could also use some re-designing to make them into more exciting gameplay experiences (even if Game & Haddonfield are probably less in need of an actual visual upgrade than most older maps).
It's a small hope of mine, but it would be kind of neat if more easter eggs could be scattered among the realms. Ideally as nods towards other horror series that either aren't in DbD yet or simply wouldn't fit with its core gameplay. Examples could include hiding a wrecked red Plymouth Fury among the cars of Autohaven (Christine), having an icon/statue of Pazuzu tucked within the Temple of Purgation (The Exorcist), or having Hannibal Lecter's prison cell visible within Lery's (Silence of the Lambs).
Lery's and/or any of the newer maps because they tend to have bad huntress hitbox collision and look ugly as all get out with AA forcibly enabled.