Grabs (Interrupts) Should Be Killer Sided
So, hits are handled on the Killer's machine rather than the server. (Hit validation beta aside.) However, grabs/interrupts seem to be handled on server side. Any killer player can tell you how often you go for a gen grab, only for your game to freeze for a moment while the survivor runs away. You lose precious time and don't even get a M1 hit. This makes going for grabs very risky since there's a good chance you'll get nothing out of it.
If the grab animation begins on the killer's machine, the grab should be valid.
The current state of grabs is frustrating and I think this would fix it.
Comments
Yeah but then how would I give survivors a shoulder rub while they slam wooden pallets over my head?
Yeah it's pretty bad, the only way to do some grab challenges is literally farming with survivors lol
In last week i attempted over 30 grabs, and maybe 2 were successful. Probably only because survivors i was grabbing were complete potatoes looking at gen while working on it. We want change!
I've been grabbing consistently.
Grabbing became more consistent in the new 60 ping server. BUT, i feel ya, it happens pretty often tbh, and it's annoying AF. If they're cocky enough to stay on the gen till the last second, we should get a grab.
Only issue is when a killer has a high enough ping to where a survivor is already several meters away by the time a killer grabs the survivor. They could try to implement a server-sided distance calculator between the killer and survivor, but I doubt they'd want to do because I don't think they care.