New Item Idea: Stick

The favorite thing to me about the Flashlights is it's improve like nature. A survivor finds a flashlight and with no other use decides to use it offensively and then it actually works. What if something similar happened with a stick?


  • Decaying stick (brown): Can be used once. Use it to strike at the killer. When being carried, you can press the active ability button to use it, removes 9% off the wiggle bar.
    • "Looks extremely rotten. I'm surprised me simply holding it doesn't break it."
  • Torn Stick (yellow): Can be used once. Use it to strike at the killer. When being carried, you can press the active ability button to use it, removes 12% off the wiggle bar.
  • Thick Stick (green): Can be used twice. Use it to strike at the killer. When being carried, you can press the active ability button to use it, removes 7% off the wiggle bar.
  • Splintered Stick (purple): Can be used once. Use it to strike at the killer. When being carried, you can press the active ability button to use it, removes 10% off the wiggle bar and slows the killer down 5% for 20 seconds.
    • "I could probably injure another like me with this thing, I hope I can do something to one of them with it.

What all the sticks do. After breaking it on a killer, you get another item. Broken stick. This also has a one time use, it has no add-ons. Place it on the ground, anything that steps on it gives you a loud noise notification and everyone can hear it.


Potential Add-ons:

(Brown)

  • Decayed leaves: Doesn't do much, but can irritate the killer slightly. Your effects of wiggling are increased by 25% and the killer can't see hooks near 14 meters for 20 seconds.
  • Mud: For some reason the mud is still fresh. Can be used for slowing. Slows down the killer by 3% for 10 seconds.
    • "That's weird, I don't see any puddles of mud near here."
  • Knife Marks: The knife marks of what appears to be two lovers, for some reason this drives you forward. The intensity of your strike shaves off 3% more progress.
    • ""M+S" can be seen on near the bottom of the stick."

(Yellow)

  • Leaves: Slightly irritates the killer. Your effects of wiggling is increased by 30% and the killer can't see auras for 10 seconds.
  • Muddier Mud: For some reason, the mud is so fresh you actually thought you just picked it up. Slows the killer down 5% for 10 seconds.
    • "I honestly don't care at this point. Sure, this makes sense."

(Green)

  • Muddiest Mud: Extremely fresh, maybe too fresh. Slows the killer of what they're doing by 7% for 10 seconds.
    • "I feel like the OP is starting to care less and less about the mud add-ons."
  • Sticky leaves: Leaves covered in a weird substance. Slows the killer down for 3% and increases your wiggling on the killer by 25% for 10 seconds.
    • "Feels like tar, yet also mud... wait is this the cross-over episode between the Mud Add-ons and the Leaves Add-ons?" "Why am I here? Please, kill me."
  • Heart sketch: A heart sketch near the bottom of the stick. Seeing it increases the determination of your strike. Shaves off 5% of the wiggle bar.

(Purple)

  • Muddiest mud that has ever mudded on this mud of a mud: The mud is as fresh as the chicken you get at KFC. Slows the killer from what they're doing and convinces him to get some KFC for y'all and y'all have an epic party.
    • "Ok, now this is just getting straight up ridiculous."
  • Clear Tape: Some tape has been wrapped around the branch, in hopes of more stability. You gain 1 more charge, but the second strike does half of the original and other add-on does. You shave off 2% more off the wiggle bar.
  • The actual mud add-on (I don't know what to call it): Slows the killer down 9% for 15 seconds.
  • Lover's marks: Clear signs of two lovers that send chills. Increase the ferocity of your strike by 7% more.

(Iridescent)

  • Gooey Mud from the abyss: A strange, orange like liquid. Feels both tough as nails and soft as plushies. Simultaneously slows and hardens. Shaves off 7% of your wiggle bar, and slows down the killer's movement speed and action speed by 5% for 45 seconds.
    • I feel strange after touching it, like a barf that won't comes out.
  • Lover's blood: A knife mark on the side of the stick covered in hard blood, with a huge knife mark slashed through it. Seeing this fills up determination to escape. After using the item, you wiggle out 25% faster (stacks with breakout).

I started to lose ideas at the end, I hope you couldn't tell. Anyways, please tell me if my idea is stinky poo poo butt, or if it's as good as a 8 piece chicken bucket found at KFC.

Comments

  • This item sounds like so much fun! but I think it can be abused by SWF tbh.

  • Kind of a weird idea: make it a knife, and make decisive strike only work if you have a knife as your item. Hit two birds with one stone!

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Me likey.

    Me likey your reply

    @AhoyWolf said:

    This item sounds like so much fun! but I think it can be abused by SWF tbh.

    Thank you. In all fairness almost everything can be abused by SWF, and I don't really know how to fix it against them.

    @bredbeddle said:

    Kind of a weird idea: make it a knife, and make decisive strike only work if you have a knife as your item. Hit two birds with one stone!

    There are 2 reasons I used a stick instead of a knife.

    1. I feel like Sticks are more improve-ish than a knife. With a knife, you know what to do. With a stick, you really don't so using it like this gives more improve like nature to the survivors, and gives more insight on what they'll do in order to survive.
    2. I feel like sticks are easier to make add-ons for. Like, I honestly don't know what to do with add-ons for a knife.

    However, I can see the DS idea only working with stick. I know the perk icon is of a glass shard, but that technically isn't a knife so a stick is just a possible as a knife. Besides, they changed the perk icon of Saboteur, why not DS?

  • New item ideas are always interesting :)

    But I'm innately against them only because the bloodweb does not need more RNG items to take up slots.... now if we cough reworked perks to be FAR less grind cough new items would have wiggle room to be added.

  • I was hoping this post would be about adding sticks on the ground that survivors and killers can step on to alert any other players nearby. eg. a one-use crow that is a precise location indicator.

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618555#Comment_1618555

    Me likey your reply

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618592#Comment_1618592

    Thank you. In all fairness almost everything can be abused by SWF, and I don't really know how to fix it against them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618597#Comment_1618597

    There are 2 reasons I used a stick instead of a knife.

    1. I feel like Sticks are more improve-ish than a knife. With a knife, you know what to do. With a stick, you really don't so using it like this gives more improve like nature to the survivors, and gives more insight on what they'll do in order to survive.
    2. I feel like sticks are easier to make add-ons for. Like, I honestly don't know what to do with add-ons for a knife.

    However, I can see the DS idea only working with stick. I know the perk icon is of a glass shard, but that technically isn't a knife so a stick is just a possible as a knife. Besides, they changed the perk icon of Saboteur, why not DS?

    I honestly don't know what to do with add-ons for a knife.

    ADD ANOTHER KNIFE!

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I was hoping this post would be about adding sticks on the ground that survivors and killers can step on to alert any other players nearby. eg. a one-use crow that is a precise location indicator.

    That would be... beautiful... and punish sprinty-run everywhere without caring players XD

  • @arcnkd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619473#Comment_1619473

    That would be... beautiful... and punish sprinty-run everywhere without caring players XD

    I've always wanted this since I first saw the cinematic trailer, where Dwight is given away.

  • @arcnkd said:

    New item ideas are always interesting :)

    But I'm innately against them only because the bloodweb does not need more RNG items to take up slots.... now if we cough reworked perks to be FAR less grind cough new items would have wiggle room to be added.

    But, theoretically, if the RNG and stuff and whatever wasn't a problem, would you like it?

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    I was hoping this post would be about adding sticks on the ground that survivors and killers can step on to alert any other players nearby. eg. a one-use crow that is a precise location indicator.

    Fair enough, that's why I changed the broken sticks effect "What all the sticks do. After breaking it on a killer, you get another item. Broken stick. This also has a one time use, it has no add-ons. Place it on the ground, anything that steps on it gives you a loud noise notification and everyone can hear it." Is that good enough?

    @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618637#Comment_1618637

    I honestly don't know what to do with add-ons for a knife.

    ADD ANOTHER KNIFE!

    I'm stacking The Knife with the Knife and the Knives for 4 charges on my singular Knife.