"Fixing" surveilance straight up nerfed it down multiple tiers

Surveilance was already a niche perk, only worth on certain builds (ruin, surge) or certain killers. Well, now it got "fixed" aka nerfed and I dont believe that was good.

Comments

  • Yeah its pretty dumb. Now ill just tap the gen wait for ruin to regress it to 0 then get back on it.

  • Exactly! There is no real reason for this aside from Survivor bias.

    The perk didn't break anything or create new situations where it was OP. It could stand on its own before. Now it needs another perk to help it out.

  • I hope devs will evenutally revert this "fix".

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Exactly! There is no real reason for this aside from Survivor bias.

    The perk didn't break anything or create new situations where it was OP. It could stand on its own before. Now it needs another perk to help it out.

    Survivor bias? I dont even think the most biased survivors were complaining about it. It was so rare and always welcomed to see over other perks like NOED.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Exactly! There is no real reason for this aside from Survivor bias.

    The perk didn't break anything or create new situations where it was OP. It could stand on its own before. Now it needs another perk to help it out.

    This isn’t survivor bias. I’ve never seen a single survivor complain about Surveillance in the two years I’ve been playing. I’m not sure why they went ahead with this change but it definitely wasn’t to please survivor players.

  • Can't be an update if they don't nerf Pig somehow.

  • Tbh I always thought it was weird that it highlighted generators even when they stopped regressing at 0%, and in certain condition it made repairing gens extremely hard.

  • They should have altered the perk description instead of nerfing it.

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605645#Comment_1605645

    Survivor bias? I dont even think the most biased survivors were complaining about it. It was so rare and always welcomed to see over other perks like NOED.

    @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605645#Comment_1605645

    This isn’t survivor bias. I’ve never seen a single survivor complain about Surveillance in the two years I’ve been playing. I’m not sure why they went ahead with this change but it definitely wasn’t to please survivor players.

    I haven't seen any complaints either but it wouldn't surprise me to find some buried deep in a social media post or in emails to BHVR.

    Back when Ruin was changed, I remember a dev saying that the Ruin + Surveillance combo making the gens constantly regress and show up as white was fine. Maybe they wanted Surveillance to only do that when combined with Ruin? It'd make Surveillance pretty reliant on another perk (and a Hex one at that) to have an impact on a match though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have no idea why they did that.

    I want to make this crystal clear. WE NEVER asked for such a change or a fix to this... WE DIDN'T even know this was a bug.

    It wasn't like this before though. The gens are supposed to turn red when fully regressed that was always a thing. It only stopped doing that a few updates ago.

    Surveillance will still be a good perk. It's honestly a bit OP when every gen on the map has been kicked and you can't touch a gen at all without being seen.