Dedicated servers ever happening?
I know they're expensive to acquire and all but I ask because of the other game supposedly not doing so hot in early access. If the game failed would it be possible for those servers to be used for dbd? Second thought here but why give dedicated servers to the new game we don't know will be a success or not? Why not give it to the established game that has fans asking for the servers to make the game less frustrating?
Comments
Maybe, maybe not (emphasis on maybe not)
Servers dont cost fortune anymore with nowadays technology, you can even rent them and its really cheap.
The problem is the netcode, the way DBD is coded it doesnt work with dedicated servers and they would have to redo all their spaghetti code, tahts why its most likely never gonna happen
You can't just simply "give" dedicated servers...
No, they are more or less broke because of the Deathgarden mess, wasted resources
dedicated servers will NEVER happen...the game isnt designed around it and they have said a lot of times NO
What? Sure you can. Here's one just for you

not to mention servers are extremely expensive and if the game were to die within a short time of buying them it would of just been wasting money plus P2P can take a game far past its life span as you dont need connected servers to play.
You seriously comparing Ubisoft to BHVR...?
If I recall didnt the F13 devs just recently roll out dedicated servers? Amidst financial issues and essentially unable to do anything monetarily with the game in the future. Is that a more palpable comparison for you?
Though i'd love it, it'd require a good amount of people and time.
And there's always something fucky about this game, so no can do.
I saw that and laughed..
While they can, it just is not as easy as snapping your fingers and poof dedicated servers.
This game would take a huge amount of recoding for P2P to be removed. I am not saying I have many issues with dedicated servers being brought in, but I have a huge issue with them gutting the code which will probably break quite a bit more in this game than intended.
Eh, I wouldn't hold my breath on dedicated servers.