Blight's lunge turning still locked?

When you use your rush, you can't actually lunge in any real direction besides straight still making it almost impossible to hit people if they move to the side. Why is this still the same? Wasn't this like the second or third biggest complaint about him in the ptb? I don't want to complain when he's been out for 30 minutes and I can't give a proper opinion on him overall as he's new, but why is this aspect the same?

Comments

  • they did change it and even increased its speed, did you even read the patch notes? he is still locked at a turn rate but the speed and turning during rush was buffed so that indirectly buffs his attack turn rate.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    they did change it and even increased its speed, did you even read the patch notes? he is still locked at a turn rate but the speed and turning during rush was buffed so that indirectly buffs his attack turn rate.

    Yes I have, but it still appears to be incredibly limited in how far around you can turn, not how fast you lunge

  • @Uistreel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605525#Comment_1605525

    Yes I have, but it still appears to be incredibly limited in how far around you can turn, not how fast you lunge

    you haven't even played him yet...

  • I have and it still feels very restricted and slow.

  • Because survivors need a counter to everything and anything a killer can do or it is "BORING"

  • I haven't played the new one, but I did with the ptb version. And looking at multiple people streaming him, you can see that the lunge's turning is almost the same, even the people playing have commented on it. Like I said, I don't want to judge him and complain because I haven't played the new version, I don't know the feel for his new speeds and hitboxes and such, but if the lunge doesn't have any big change then I don't need to play to understand that specific factor

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    they did change it and even increased its speed, did you even read the patch notes? he is still locked at a turn rate but the speed and turning during rush was buffed so that indirectly buffs his attack turn rate.

    Pretty sure they didn't change to lunge itself though, which is what OP is pointing out. This makes it so that you can actually dodge the attack. I haven't had the chance to play against him yet so I'm not sure how easy it actually is to dodge the attack. Soo... I don't know if this is such a big deal or not.

  • Basically tuning him around console limitations. Really disappointing to put an artificial skill cap on him. Same thing they did with PH's range attack flick

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    they did change it and even increased its speed, did you even read the patch notes? he is still locked at a turn rate but the speed and turning during rush was buffed so that indirectly buffs his attack turn rate.

    No they did not change it. They changed turning rate when running. As long as your turning corners or properly sidesteping his lunge, he can't hit you. Its sad that they did not increase it past like 35 degree. Just wait 2 months when people get really good at it. Very exploitable killer.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605525#Comment_1605525

    Pretty sure they didn't change to lunge itself though, which is what OP is pointing out. This makes it so that you can actually dodge the attack. I haven't had the chance to play against him yet so I'm not sure how easy it actually is to dodge the attack. Soo... I don't know if this is such a big deal or not.

    in the open a good blight wont be jukeable however you might be able to use corners and angles to prevent hits like with Oni

  • @Zozzy said:

    Because survivors need a counter to everything and anything a killer can do or it is "BORING"

    You should stop insulting survivors. I honestly would rather him have free turning but that's me. I am a survivor main have been since day one. Also if the killer truly doesn't have real chase counter play it is in fact boring. Would you like survivors to pre-throw and rush gens? That's the equivalent of boring killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605565#Comment_1605565

    What a load of bull. This has nothing to do with console limitations. Nor does Pyramid Head.

    I don't think it's coincidental at all that Oni generated a ton of controversy due to the performance gap between mouse and analog stick turning speed, and subsequently PH and Blight both have severely limited power flick with the mouse.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    they did change it and even increased its speed, did you even read the patch notes? he is still locked at a turn rate but the speed and turning during rush was buffed so that indirectly buffs his attack turn rate.

    The Dash turning rate was improved, the Dash Lunge is not better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605655#Comment_1605655

    I don't think it's coincidental at all that Oni generated a ton of controversy due to the performance gap between mouse and analog stick turning speed, and subsequently PH and Blight both have severely limited power flick with the mouse.

    I've been flicking with oni since I bought him, it really is not difficult on controller.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605551#Comment_1605551

    You should stop insulting survivors. I honestly would rather him have free turning but that's me. I am a survivor main have been since day one. Also if the killer truly doesn't have real chase counter play it is in fact boring. Would you like survivors to pre-throw and rush gens? That's the equivalent of boring killers.

    I have other comment to say to you. remember our discussion regarding deathslinger regarding counter-play, Blight might potentially have zero counter-play options against survivors turning circular or linear objects or even faking going one side, then just turning other side from this extremely crippled lunge. Just remember that its people like you that force developers hands to design these impossible to play around drawbacks for m1 killers that render their power worthless. I hope this power has enough counter-play where even when a survivor is completely out of position, the killer is not even guaranteed to get a hit. Its like worse than playing killer with no power at all.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605752#Comment_1605752

    I have other comment to say to you. remember our discussion regarding deathslinger regarding counter-play, Blight might potentially have zero counter-play options against survivors turning circular or linear objects or even faking going one side, then just turning other side from this extremely crippled lunge. Just remember that its people like you that force developers hands to design these impossible to play around drawbacks for m1 killers that render their power worthless. I hope this power has enough counter-play where even when a survivor is completely out of position, the killer is not even guaranteed to get a hit. Its like worse than playing killer with no power at all.

    Currently movement is bugged on console 360s and such teleport you. Also I just said in my comment that I feel he should have free turning. People like me just want fun killers like billy,oni,nurse,huntress (when she works). Those are all strong killers who have counterplay.