Why adopt the new hatch offerings?

Why adopt the new hatch offerings even though there are some risks like below.

@Coolz said:

I know how the title sounds, and I don't want to be THAT guy, but I feel like I should point out something I noticed about the hatch offerings and how they're potentially gamebreaking.

So all in all, having an offering that increases the chances of hatch spawning in a certain location is okay on paper, because both sides will see the offering, and therefore equally have the opportunity to take advantage of it. If the killer 3ks, and there were offerings to put the hatch at shack, he'll just go to shack and escape, or the killer will beat him there and close it, or you could bait the killer into going there and closing it but then open a door on the other side of the map. There's lots of possibilities on paper.

What's ended up happening for survivor is that the killer 2ks, and the other survivor goes to camp a locker near whatever location the offering puts the hatch at instead of doing anything else productive; nothing new, but it's been far more common so far in the ptb; even when there are better odds at actually finishing the generators people still camp hatch because they feel safer knowing for a fact it's there. Frustrating, but what's the gamebreaking part?

4-man SWF squad, all of them bring this offering for one particular place, and a key. Guaranteed hatch escape no matter how well the killer actually does, and if he slugs, DC. I've tried it myself, and been hit by it several times now. It's not fun. There is no danger. Complete the generators, and if the killer kills someone and you've done enough, run to shack or wherever with your mates, get out for free because you know exactly where it's gonna be.

I tried countering this by camping the hatch so once the person used the key I could close it immediately before anyone else got through, but then, just leave the hatch and complete the last generators. If the killer leaves, go back and get a free escape. You get the point by now.

I don't know what else to say here. Has anyone else been encountering these swf squads? I haven't seen anyone else really talk about it or acknowledge it.

@ellemonchy said:

I don't know BHVR's purpose for new offering that allows to specify a hatch.

But I think the offering item is NOT NEEDED in this game.

Because it robs the fun of game.

For survivor, there is no thrill to survive with a hatch.And the perk "Left Behind" or the rainbow map are not needed.

For killer, there is no chance to win against survivor even if a killer has the perk "Franklin's Demise" when the survivor put the purple or rainbow key where the hatch will be appeared.

So I think the offering is NOT NEEDED.

If the offering will be implemented in the dbd(I never hope so), I think the perk "Franklin's Demise" needs to be improved to disappear all item on the ground whether the killer attacks or not.

But then I(killer) will never play against the survivor have the key.

Because the match will be bored.

So I think the hatch offering is NOT NEEDED.

It's very difficult  to understand devs' point of view :(

Comments

  • I'm DCing myself as killer as soon as someone DC's to give hatch. That ######### ain't gonna fly.

  • I never play against the survivor who have a key even if I have the perk "Franklin's Demise"😥

  • @Toybasher said:

    I'm DCing myself as killer as soon as someone DC's to give hatch. That ######### ain't gonna fly.

    Yeah, you totally got them. Instead of them escaping via Hatch, they escape because you DC AND you dont get any BPs AND a Penalty.

    Dont get me wrong, DCing for Hatch is stupid, but I dont think that they would be mad if you DC as well, since they got everything they like while you got nothing.

  • @ellemonchy said:

    I never play against the survivor who have a key even if I have the perk "Franklin's Demise"😥

    Same.

    I lobby dodge so often I can if I see a Key.

    I get what the Topic is saying and now I am worried too... this is literally gamebreaking.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605427#Comment_1605427

    Yeah, you totally got them. Instead of them escaping via Hatch, they escape because you DC AND you dont get any BPs AND a Penalty.

    Dont get me wrong, DCing for Hatch is stupid, but I dont think that they would be mad if you DC as well, since they got everything they like while you got nothing.

    Pretty much this. I get losing a survivor to hatch is a blow, especially when you did so well to get it to that point, but DC'ing just because they're going to get hatch thanks to an offering? Just take the loss and move on. Who cares if you lost 1 survivor. You'd think 4K was required to win the game these days.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605441#Comment_1605441

    Pretty much this. I get losing a survivor to hatch is a blow, especially when you did so well to get it to that point, but DC'ing just because they're going to get hatch thanks to an offering? Just take the loss and move on. Who cares if you lost 1 survivor. You'd think 4K was required to win the game these days.

    To be fair, he said when another Survivor DCs to give the last guy the Hatch. Which is, without a doubt, a dickmove. Even tho I have not experienced this on a common basis. I think this happened to me once.

  • I don't see any, other than bias towards Survivors (at least for DCing to give Hatch). This going to encourage Survivors to either do nothing near the main building/shack or DC to give the last one the Hatch, both of which are terrible "strategies".

  • I see survivors doing this because most survivor are messed up sorry call it how I see it.

    also 3k is a win killers don't need to 4k every match just like every survivor don't get all 4 escape

  • 3K may be a win but it’s irritating when you’re robbed of a 4K because of camping survivors, or worst of all those who DC for hatch

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605453#Comment_1605453

    To be fair, he said when another Survivor DCs to give the last guy the Hatch. Which is, without a doubt, a dickmove. Even tho I have not experienced this on a common basis. I think this happened to me once.

    This is true, but it still only harms him and gives the survivor an escape that isn't hatch instead. Just an all around lose-lose that doesn't "get" them like he acts like it does

  • pacing of the game has become more important

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605457#Comment_1605457

    This is true, but it still only harms him and gives the survivor an escape that isn't hatch instead. Just an all around lose-lose that doesn't "get" them like he acts like it does

    Yeah, exactly. I mean, I hope they will find a fix for it at some point, but so far, at least the DCing Survivor does not have anything from it and, when DC-Penalties are back, they will have a penalty as well.

  • @Toybasher said:

    I'm DCing myself as killer as soon as someone DC's to give hatch. That ######### ain't gonna fly.

    Why on earth would you do that? You waste all the stuff you earned in the match and they still get their escape points, plus they get to keep their item and add ons. They also get the satisfaction of seeing you DC. Ever heard the saying, “don’t cut off your nose to spite your face”?