New upgrade

This game must have chat and voice chat to communicate with the group members. It will be very useful in the next update.

Comments

  • Besides the fact voice comms would make every detection perk useless for survivors, DBD was created to be a survival horror game not a tactical mission game. The only way this would be viable is by making it proximity comms and the killer can hear as well or for the killer to be able to detect when someone is speaking with one of those alert bubbles. But then people would just use discord/ party chat anyways.

    Next.

  • @BadBilly said:

    Besides the fact voice comms would make every detection perk useless for survivors, DBD was created to be a survival horror game not a tactical mission game. The only way this would be viable is by making it proximity comms and the killer can hear as well or for the killer to be able to detect when someone is speaking with one of those alert bubbles. But then people would just use discord/ party chat anyways.

    Next.

    Get at least 100 hours in game, before you will start saying what this game needs and what not.

    Like c'mon, who uses aura perks on survivors? Who plays this as a survival horror game?.. Well, except new players with 5h playtime.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1603838#Comment_1603838

    Get at least 100 hours in game, before you will start saying what this game needs and what not.

    Like c'mon, who uses aura perks on survivors? Who plays this as a survival horror game?.. Well, except new players with 5h playtime.

    I have 1.5k hours and my usual build is almost entirely aura perks. They're more useful than you think.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1603838#Comment_1603838

    Get at least 100 hours in game, before you will start saying what this game needs and what not.

    Like c'mon, who uses aura perks on survivors? Who plays this as a survival horror game?.. Well, except new players with 5h playtime.

    I don't think you understood what was being said.

    I don;t think voice comms should be in the game at all or any of the suggestions I said because it was so obviously dumb plus discord and party chat exists. Also, just because YOU don't play it as a survival horror game doesn't mean that's not what it is categorized and how its intended to be perceived for new players.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1603977#Comment_1603977

    I have 1.5k hours and my usual build is almost entirely aura perks. They're more useful than you think.

    I'm supposed to believe that you run:

    Aftercare, Better Together, Deja Vu, wake up?


    Bond and empathy are niche perks, but if i had to choose i would go with bond.

    Detectives hunch and all perks that show killers aura are the only good aura perks, but still fairly situational.

    @BadBilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1603977#Comment_1603977

    I don't think you understood what was being said.

    I don;t think voice comms should be in the game at all or any of the suggestions I said because it was so obviously dumb plus discord and party chat exists. Also, just because YOU don't play it as a survival horror game doesn't mean that's not what it is categorized and how its intended to be perceived for new players.

    Yes because solo que will use 2nd program for voice comms. Adding in game voice chat would reduce the gap between swf and solos.

    As i said only new players perceive this as survival horror game, with rare exceptions of course. Not to mention that being survival horror game does not prohibit voice chat and if it would REALLY be a problem for some players, they can always turn it off.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604219#Comment_1604219

    I'm supposed to believe that you run:

    Aftercare, Better Together, Deja Vu, wake up?

    Bond and empathy are niche perks, but if i had to choose i would go with bond.

    Detectives hunch and all perks that show killers aura are the only good aura perks, but still fairly situational.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1604256#Comment_1604256

    Yes because solo que will use 2nd program for voice comms. Adding in game voice chat would reduce the gap between swf and solos.

    As i said only new players perceive this as survival horror game, with rare exceptions of course. Not to mention that being survival horror game does not prohibit voice chat and if it would REALLY be a problem for some players, they can always turn it off.

    Not quite. Open Handed/Kindred/Bond/Spine Chill. It's surprisingly effective.

  • this is survival horror game not e sports game.

  • Kindred is so good for solo play imo, adding voice chat would just negate that whole perk. The game is fine without voice chat and to be honest I am willing to bet more toxicity would come from voice chat than it would do anything positive.

  • Voice chat I'm completely against, but text chat wouldn't be that bad, maybe a chat wheel like Dota where you can say like only 3 phrases e.g "I'm being chased" "Repairing generator" "I need healing". This 3 would be enough.

  • @IshinSolarc said:

    Voice chat I'm completely against, but text chat wouldn't be that bad, maybe a chat wheel like Dota where you can say like only 3 phrases e.g "I'm being chased" "Repairing generator" "I need healing". This 3 would be enough.

    Something that Identity V has!

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607092#Comment_1607092

    Not quite. Open Handed/Kindred/Bond/Spine Chill. It's surprisingly effective.

    Spine chill is NOT an aura perk.

    As i said kindred is good for solo que.

    Bond is... niche, by itself it's not a bad perk, but not worth taking over things like dead hard, unbreakable or even prove thyself. The only perk that it overthrows is selfcare... and selfcare is an overrated perk.

  • @LastShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607936#Comment_1607936

    Spine chill is NOT an aura perk.

    As i said kindred is good for solo que.

    Bond is... niche, by itself it's not a bad perk, but not worth taking over things like dead hard, unbreakable or even prove thyself. The only perk that it overthrows is selfcare... and selfcare is an overrated perk.

    Did you miss the part where I said "almost entirely"?

    Also, you never mentioned Kindred before in this thread.