As a Survivor main, I understand the pain of Killer mains.

Imagine having to go through every match all while facing clicky-clicky flashlight Survivors with second chance meta perks, toxicity and naturally SWF. And, of course, worst of all being... keys. When you're JUST about to get that 4k, to finish that stupid "None Shall Survive" challenge in the tome, they escape with a key, leaving you to cry yourself to sleep in bed later that fateful night... The forum is Killer sided, and there's that saying "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" but this isn't really a case of that, it's just sympathizing with- and understanding what purple and red ranked Killers have to go through every match. Naturally, there's nothing anyone can do about this, and it's quite sad the world was built this way.

Edit: And before you say it, no, this is not a bait post. Grow up, if that's your response to everything.

Comments

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    lol #########

    I assume this very elaborate response means you don't experience any sort of pain while playing Killer, fellow Killer main?

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602671#Comment_1602671

    I assume this very elaborate response means you don't experience any sort of pain while playing Killer, fellow Killer main?

    Nah, just reading that had me imagining myself running to bed and crying after a bad match. The visualization was too real.

  • As a killer main myself I honestly feel bad for some of the survivors I face off against. I'll play Legion and they'll heal and a dude can have me on a 1 minute chase with 3 others unpressured, they all heal and barely work on the gen. I'll play Pyramid Head and they are way too afraid of torment causing time loss in dire situations. For God Sakes I play BASEMENT TRAPPER and they don't think to never step on the grass or take the window or just leave that person to die bc shack is a Saw Trap. I feel bad when a genuinely good survivor gets with a bunch of meatheads and gives me an easy 4k, but I usually work on trying to kill the good survivor bc I know if I do that, I win already, but hey, matchmaking is never gonna be perfect, neither will PvP game balance, we just gotta live with this stuff unfortunately

  • Oh yeah I respect anyone who still mains killer and got through all the bullshlt to rank 1.


    I mained killer at first myself because I felt like having to die for my teammates mistakes was unfair, but now I just play 2-4mans.

    SWF is unfair purely because they'll get you to chase their best of the best, and if the 4 of them are good loopers then its just pain.

    But playing solo queue is unfun.

  • @BitingSea said:

    As a killer main myself I honestly feel bad for some of the survivors I face off against. I'll play Legion and they'll heal and a dude can have me on a 1 minute chase with 3 others unpressured, they all heal and barely work on the gen. I'll play Pyramid Head and they are way too afraid of torment causing time loss in dire situations. For God Sakes I play BASEMENT TRAPPER and they don't think to never step on the grass or take the window or just leave that person to die bc shack is a Saw Trap. I feel bad when a genuinely good survivor gets with a bunch of meatheads and gives me an easy 4k, but I usually work on trying to kill the good survivor bc I know if I do that, I win already, but hey, matchmaking is never gonna be perfect, neither will PvP game balance, we just gotta live with this stuff unfortunately

    I'm not sure how legal it would be for me to do (and say) this but: I think I can call myself a "nice Killer"? Yesterday I saw a Claudette get stuck in the hill bug, and instead of devouring her and using it to my advantage, I freed her and gave her another chance. After that, in the same match, the last guy was struggling against me, and he almost had the Exit opened, I suddenly had this feeling in me. I felt bad for the guy so much that I let him escape in the nick of time. After the match, I got praise for being a good Killer, and I felt really good about myself. I know I had all the opportunities to have a 4k and stuff, but those guys weren't playing toxic at all. We need more players like them.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602685#Comment_1602685

    I'm not sure how legal it would be for me to do (and say) this but: I think I can call myself a "nice Killer"? Yesterday I saw a Claudette get stuck in the hill bug, and instead of devouring her and using it to my advantage, I freed her and gave her another chance. After that, in the same match, the last guy was struggling against me, and he almost had the Exit opened, I suddenly had this feeling in me. I felt bad for the guy so much that I let him escape in the nick of time. After the match, I got praise for being a good Killer, and I felt really good about myself. I know I had all the opportunities to have a 4k and stuff, but those guys weren't playing toxic at all. We need more players like them.

    I'm only a nice killer if I have a big reason to be nice, like one time 2 guys suicided first hook so I shepherded the last 2 to gens and gates. Sometimes when i'm nice I still get the "gg ez" "baby killer" "tunneler" so I tend to just get my 4k while in the game, then I'm nice post game

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602704#Comment_1602704

    I'm only a nice killer if I have a big reason to be nice, like one time 2 guys suicided first hook so I shepherded the last 2 to gens and gates. Sometimes when i'm nice I still get the "gg ez" "baby killer" "tunneler" so I tend to just get my 4k while in the game, then I'm nice post game

    Just now had a game as the Oni. The crossplay Survivors (1 Claud and 1 Nea) t-bagged at the Exit gate, and I didn't even tunnel or camp. Why are people like this? What the hell? I confess that I, as a Survivor, only click my flashlight or t-bag at the gate when the Killer really pissed me off during the match, but I didn't do any of those as a Killer, so why am I rewarded poorly by Survivors who managed to escape? This game can be confusing sometime. At least I have a reason to t-bag and click my flashlight, but they didn't.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602706#Comment_1602706

    Just now had a game as the Oni. The crossplay Survivors (1 Claud and 1 Nea) t-bagged at the Exit gate, and I didn't even tunnel or camp. Why are people like this? What the hell? I confess that I, as a Survivor, only click my flashlight or t-bag at the gate when the Killer really pissed me off during the match, but I didn't do any of those as a Killer, so why am I rewarded poorly by Survivors who managed to escape? This game can be confusing sometime. At least I have a reason to t-bag and click my flashlight, but they didn't.

    Usually them doing that is them communicating that they'll give you a free hit, know how survivors end game farm sometimes at the gate? It's that, their way of showing that to you

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602726#Comment_1602726

    Usually them doing that is them communicating that they'll give you a free hit, know how survivors end game farm sometimes at the gate? It's that, their way of showing that to you

    I didn't know that, huh. Guess that makes everything a lot less frustrating, to be honest. It's like a weight off my shoulder. Thanks.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602728#Comment_1602728

    I didn't know that, huh. Guess that makes everything a lot less frustrating, to be honest. It's like a weight off my shoulder. Thanks.

    I got anger issues myself and at first that provoked me hard as well, but hey, the more you know

  • As someone who plays both sides, they deserve whatever comes to them. Or at least that's how I feel some days after being on these forums.

    If the INDIVIDUAL in front of me is respectful, I will be too. If they aren't, then I am going to call them out on it.