Red rank discussion
So I'm at the point where if I wanna hit red ranks I can do it easily. My main issue is, do I want to be there? Sure it's cool for bragging rights but it doesn't seem that fun. Red rank killers? Should I go there? I may just go there so I'm not ranking up from rank 9 after the 13th but I wanna know if I should stay there.
Comments
Best rank color is purple rank, red ranks is just there in case you like tryharding vs tryharders
I'm at rank 6 but I'm very close to rank 5 but if I get to red ranks I'm gonna grind survivor
It's a good question, but I think the only way you'll really know is to give red ranks a go. I personally wouldn't want to play red because I feel like matches would have zero chance for chill. But I've never played in red ranks, so take the opinions of others with a grain of salt and do what feels right for you to enjoy the game!
If I don't like it I'll probably buy ghostface and starting memeing until I derank to 5 if I ever go there
DEWIT. You can be my hero as a door prize.
But I DO like tryharding vs tryhards!
Ahem.
Give red ranks killer a go. It's not as bad as you might think. Sweaty SWF teams do exist, but they're by far the minority. At rank 1 on PC I only run into them 5-10% of the time, and they're usually not as unbeatable as people claim. Things have gotten even easier since crossplay. I'm not s******g on console players - I've gone against some really good ones. It's just that the influx of so many more survivors, plus the busted ranking system, means that I'm cakewalking through a lot of my matches these days.
I am the true definition of a dbd killer. I was tortured by high rank, high skill, high hour survivors until my rage took over to do the entity's bidding. Green, purple, or red ranks didnt matter, because I got nothing but red rank survivors.
Unfortunately, they made me so good that anything less the best is just a puppy kicking. I cant derank, because there is no fun or challenge involved.
So my advice is that if you're happy where you are, stay there. Leave the red ranks to spooky old things like me.
I mean, that depends. As killer? Doesn't matter. You'll get red rank survivors who just want to make the game unfun and teabag. They'd rather sit in 20 minute queues than understand the game needs both killer and survivor to enjoy themselves for a healthy community.
If you're a red rank survivor, dude... Either get friends or pray; especially with crossplay. I can't seem to get past rank 4 because I swear to god every game has at least one person hiding in a corner while the killer is doing a chase across the map. It's... insane. Being a high rank survivor without a dedicated group is like herding cats. Cats that actively hate you and want you to suffer.
The dichotomy is insane, and while I know it's anecdotal well... Any rank killer over like, rank 13 is just inundated with survivors who act like a SWAT team that knows every loop, how to bodyblock, and run perks to screw with the killer; any rank survivor is a bunch of people who picked up a controller the first time today and have no idea how mechanics work. They'd rather hide than do anything and everyone is running self-care instead of working as a team.
I'm a bit miffed, it's been a frustrating day in this game. Crossplay has made life Hell.
R1 Survivor 650+ hours (with almost entirely playing solo queue with an aura perk) and R1 Killer with roughly 410 hours
It's actually the opposite for time invested if you are "trying to rank up". Killer pips taper off after a certain point and playing your heart out and trying to get as many hooks as possible is better over simply "winning the game" (as described by this forum at least) which usually just leads to you safety pipping. Killing a few for 1 pip at a time and just safety pipping the hard games (maybe 2 kills) is generally the way killer tends to go even if you get chains of 3 kill hatch or 4 kills.
Survivor even in solo queue situations where your entire team is hot garbage will still usually result in a black pip to a +1 pip just by constantly doing something throughout the match. Just tell yourself that you refuse to crouch somewhere, drop self-care because it actively eliminates altruism from the match even if it isn't your own (just power gen while injured if the pepegas refuse to heal you - bring a brown medkit for 1 heal per match is already enough). You will basically 2 pip in a majority of matches from my experience if the randoms are even half decent... not to mention when you get competent people playing (or a bad killer).
In response to OP, I just prefer playing enough games with the basic objective of playing the game - not trying to ruin someone's day or have my revenge for someone spamming their M2 or Crouch button. Only reason I consistently get R1 by the end of a season even if occasionally I get those 4 man escapes that pushes me down to R2~3 (and this is while shuffling through multiple killers and even survivor just to break up tedium).
Red ranks doesn't have any more skill, but everyone there does generators.