Devotion

Other than bragging rights it really serves no purpose, I was think the Devs should add in where every time you go up a full devotion level you should get 75-100 auric cells , there really needs to be some type of reward for this system it kinda feels as if it's missing something

Comments

  • Maybe extra shards. But cells? Hardly think BHVR would allow us to build up cells for free and buy cosmetics they’re making bank on. I think maybe a cosmetic with our Devotion level number on it or something—maybe every five or ten levels, so we don’t have 100 numbered shirts in our inventory.

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    Maybe extra shards. But cells? Hardly think BHVR would allow us to build up cells for free and buy cosmetics they’re making bank on. I think maybe a cosmetic with our Devotion level number on it or something—maybe every five or ten levels, so we don’t have 100 numbered shirts in our inventory.

    Well that's why I suggested a low amount of cells , I feel if it takes you around 5-7 levels to get just 5 dollars in cells it's worth it because of the sheer amount of hours it takes to get each level , you would have to go up 10 or more devotion to buy a licensed chapter which is alot of time for a small reward

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    Maybe extra shards. But cells? Hardly think BHVR would allow us to build up cells for free and buy cosmetics they’re making bank on. I think maybe a cosmetic with our Devotion level number on it or something—maybe every five or ten levels, so we don’t have 100 numbered shirts in our inventory.

    Considering how many hours it takes to level up one hundred times, some auric cells after each devotion level is hardly too much to ask.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596742#Comment_1596742

    Considering how many hours it takes to level up one hundred times, some auric cells after each devotion level is hardly too much to ask.

    This is BHVR we’re talking about.

  • At some point they're gonna have to ease up a little if they want the lifespan of this game to last longer

  • 1k auric cells per 1 devotion

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597289#Comment_1597289

    At some point they're gonna have to ease up a little if they want the lifespan of this game to last longer

    I don't know what they want. Originally, they expected the game to last five years, per Matt Cote on a stream he did back then. Then they had plans for two years beyond that, which was seven years total. Now it's: Into the future.

    At this point, I think their general plan is: as long as the base game keeps being bought on the sale-after-sale that we always run, and people buy DLCs, we'll keep chugging out Rifts, Cosmetics, and DLCs.

    I often times wonder if they have real, long-term plans. Maybe it was for Deathgarden to be their next big thing, but that failed twice.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597291#Comment_1597291

    I don't know what they want. Originally, they expected the game to last five years, per Matt Cote on a stream he did back then. Then they had plans for two years beyond that, which was seven years total. Now it's: Into the future.

    At this point, I think their general plan is: as long as the base game keeps being bought on the sale-after-sale that we always run, and people buy DLCs, we'll keep chugging out Rifts, Cosmetics, and DLCs.

    I often times wonder if they have real, long-term plans. Maybe it was for Deathgarden to be their next big thing, but that failed twice.

    They have other games in the works right now, but only time will tell if those will repeat DBD's success or go the way of DeathGarden.

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597377#Comment_1597377

    They have other games in the works right now, but only time will tell if those will repeat DBD's success or go the way of DeathGarden.

    I have a feeling they're gonna get some real competition in this dept once next gen consoles come out, once a game like this one comes out you watch and see them squirming to do anything they can to keep a base

  • @Kamikaze_Rose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597377#Comment_1597377

    They have other games in the works right now, but only time will tell if those will repeat DBD's success or go the way of DeathGarden.

    Interesting. Outside of the whole Deathgarden thing, I wasn't aware of that. Granted, I've only followed news for Overwatch 2 (of which there hasn't been any since Blizzcon 2019), Avengers, and Cyberpunk 2077 the past year or so. Thanks for letting me know.