I think we all agree the 'battle plan' for the game should be this
(Please remain constructive in this thread. There's enough unhelpful snark on all social media platform already)
I think, from the next patch on, the dev's priorities should be thus:
- Fix bugs and glitches, provide balance updates (Please, this should seriously take the utmost focus)
- rework the skill system to make for better match making, and rework the offering system
- Add in more maps
- Maybe add in more game modes
- everything else (graphics, cosmetics etc)
thank you.
edit: added balance updates to 1
Comments
Replace #4 with regularly occurring balance updates, and then I will agree.
I was counting that into 1. should have added it
Ah I see, then disregard :)
Current battle plan is
If anything, I would like to see more regular, but number tweak balances, rather than huge and sweeping full reworks.
Map, cosmetics and all that aren't that big a priority for me.
They cant and haven't done this since the game released on console because it takes time and effort to get updates approved on them
As usual console is holding the game and pc back
Ummm. Hasn't stopped Blizzard with Overwatch in the past.
And thanks for insulting my preferred platform based on a lie. You've also missed the point of my request. We can't have a PTB because of their updates, not patches.
To repeat the important part: SMALL NUMBER TWEAKS OVER FULL REWORKS.
I don’t think console is the thing that’s preventing them from making regular balance updates. It’s probably something to do with the fact that a simple minor number change to a perk could cause 20 new bugs to appear.
It probably has something to do with a bad spaghetti code, but I don’t work at BHVR nor am I a programmer so I don’t know exactly why.
I have the game on ps4 so it isn't really being pc biased.
Comparing this small game to a behemoth like blizzard for priority with patches doesn't work.
They use to do weekly changes to the game in the first year of release.
I do agree that the game was simpler back then so this could also be it.
From what I've seen of the code it's not that spaghetti-y. I've seen worse.
But coding is a pain in the rear, because sometimes as little as one missing ) can break an entire game element, and trying to find the culprit is virtually trying to find a needle in the haystack (in the dark)
Take the current hill bug:
From observations (especially in haddonfield) my guess is the map generation tries to assign more gens/chests/hooks etc to a map than should be there (all the get-stuck bugs appear on spots that can spawn an element), but pinpointing WHAT in the code causes this is not as easy as it sounds. It can be stemming from the graphic-update preparations, it could be something in the map selection etc.