Why do we have a BP cap?
I’ve searched for this answer online before and the only responses I’ve found are that it was to stop hackers giving themselves a ridiculous amount of BP and / or it was to make people feel like they have to grind to unlock things down the line.
If either of these are the right answer, I just don’t think they make much sense. What’s stopping hackers from giving themselves 1 million BP over and over? It’s not like the cap is going to stop them from exploiting the system. Also, why should this game feel like a continuous grind? If I wanted to save up 10 million BP, what’s the issue? I still had to play to get that many points and it still won’t make the process of levelling characters up any easier. It’s still tedious having to sit through bloodweb after bloodweb.
What are people’s thoughts on the cap? Do you mind it or would you like it removed?
Comments
The silly thing is, cheaters can just bypass the cap anyway if they want to.
If that’s the case, I really don’t understand why it’s only 1 million. 1 million sounds like a lot on paper, but in this game it really isn’t. I haven’t played in a while but played most of Monday and I was able to get up to 700K before I came off. It really doesn’t take long at all before you reach the cap and it’s annoying as I’m saving up BP for Felix and Blight whilst also having other survivors and killers I’d like to level up. The endless grind gets really tiresome.
It's probably to help encourage people to grind more since the perception is that you can never have enough bloodpoints.
The reason why I would like it removed is so that I could get the 5-10 million a new killer needs when they release them. It's just a way to make the game more frustrating for players, and making the game frustrating is apart of BVHR's design philosophy, which was revealed by Cote a few months back.
They changed their reasoning to "we dont want people maxing out new killers when they come out" okay i just save 1 million plus challenges and enough to get 150k from shrine of secrets.
How is somebody maxing out a new killer a bad thing? Considering how many killers and survivors we already have, the grind just never ends. I’ve also started saving my shards as some weeks I can buy 4 perks that I already own.
I think one of the main reasons some people get discouraged to try out new killers is because they don’t want to play at high ranks without perks and sometimes getting a decent loadout takes time. I had to get my Pyramid Head to P3 before I ever saw BBQ. For some reason it just never came up on my Bloodweb during the previous levels.
I think they have underestimated just how much time and BP have to be put into certain characters to get them to a playable level.
You see, back in the olden days, it was popular to edit your save file to get yourself 100s of millions worth of Bloodpoints. The BP Cap was introduced as a.. hard lock. Later on, they tried to justify it as a way to stop players from P3 new Killers/survivors on release date because you cannot get anywhere far with 1 million BP (up to level 35-40 tops).
Its a relic of the past.. like a lot of things are.
It's mostly to stop players that already have all perks and nothing else to spend from hoarding and dropping them all on the new killer/survivor to gain a massive headstart.
I wish they'd remove the cap. I'm at a point in my DBD career that all my killers are p3 with all perks, so I ran out of ways to spend my blood points, since I don't run addons and I already p3'd and maxed out the survivors I like using. Now I just level up survivors I don't care about because it feels like a waste of BP to play while sitting at 1mil cap while waiting to dump them all into the next chapter.
yup. the cap is supposed to stop hackers but EAC is useless anyways.
i would be happy if they atleast remove the cap on events where you can just farm your points without wasting time spending them after reaching the cap.
I get that but you could also argue that people who hoard up 1 million BP are also gaining a head start as not everybody is at a level where they have survivors and killers maxed out and don’t have to worry about spending BP on them.
It’s rare for me to see a new survivor or killer rocking a strong loadout during the week of release. Most of them I encounter have 1 perk as they’re literally starting from scraps.
Imagine if someone literally spent 2 months not spending BP. Someone that earns about 100k a day from a couple of survivor matches and a single killer.
Its stupid that you’d punish the players that play the game most from being able to lvl up new killers immediately.
They hate killer players, its been essentially said and proven by their actions. Its sad, cross played saved the q times... but for how long?
people can already grind out other characters to load up a new character, it just takes more time when they're released. So instead of having the killer all loaded out on day 1, people have it loaded out on day 3. The logic behind that is flawed because people are allowed to grind out other characters to then spend bp on the new characters. It just slightly increases the time before that happens, but not by much.