What is going on with matchmaking?

For the past 2 or 3 weeks, every game I get (I'm a rank 7 solo survivor main) is 4 survivors between brown and purple ranks vs a red ranks (most of the time literally rank 1) killer. I could understand if this happened occasionally, but it's been literally every game for weeks now. Does anyone know what's going on?

Comments

  • Matchmaking basically doesn't exist and rank is meaningless. I have the same issues on both survivor & killer.

  • I was getting used to having grea....goo....well, at least generally competent people on my team but for the past few days, I keep getting yellow baby survivors who have no idea what they're doing as teammates.

    It's super!

  • Yeah, just played another 2 night of yellow, yellow, green vs. rank 1 killers. I'm getting almost all rank 1 killer every game.


  • @ClickNinja said:

    For the past 2 or 3 weeks, every game I get (I'm a rank 7 solo survivor main) is 4 survivors between brown and purple ranks vs a red ranks (most of the time literally rank 1) killer. I could understand if this happened occasionally, but it's been literally every game for weeks now. Does anyone know what's going on?

    I've been tracking this as a R1 Survivor and Killer and made a post about it a few minutes ago - their new matchmaking hidden formula no longer takes that rank into consideration and goes for some other "outcomes" based system and hours played or something. Either way I still get matched with lots of "red ranks" so not sure what they fiddled with

  • Yeah I also noticed something weird going on. High rank killers while my team mates are ranks 19 - 9. I'm red rank btw.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/188144/what-is-going-on-with-matchmaking

    I've been tracking this as a R1 Survivor and Killer and made a post about it a few minutes ago - their new matchmaking hidden formula no longer takes that rank into consideration and goes for some other "outcomes" based system and hours played or something. Either way I still get matched with lots of "red ranks" so not sure what they fiddled with

    I thought they got rid of MMR a few days after they released it.