I Feel Like Legion Can Sum Up Most Of This Games Problems
Before this starts I just wanna say that I recognize this is all subjective, feel free to call me out for being an idiot if you want, though I think you already know that.
Power
Boring as all hell, if you don't have a pallet or vault near you your kinda boned. In a chase they're boring because they're either nigh impossible to loop in frenzy, or they're just another m1 killer. The status they apply is just "Heal more" and they have nothing else.
Perks
Discordance is alright, Mad Grit is Mad Grit, Iron Maiden has its niche uses but isn't very good. Overall the only that can be fully considered good is Discordance.
Lore
Its not necessarily terrible, but it just doesn't hold up against characters like Blight or Ghost Face. Its basically if edgy teenagers actually killed someone.
Cosmetics
I...alright I can't ######### about this one, they have amazing cosmetics.
Handled
They got ######### gutted from the ptb, its actually kinda sad. Kinda like MoM but for an entire killer.
Overall
Legion perfectly encapsulates most of the games major problems while bringing some unique problems as well. Devs made an unfun and boring power and were fast to destroy it, they made one good perk and some filler spots. The lore somehow managed to suck too, which is a shame cause normally the devs are amazing with that. Legion could be a cool killer, but theres so much wrong with them it hurts to think about.
Comments
Well, I enjoy playing legion tho
Yeah, Legion is a very badly designed killer. Here’s to hoping they will get a rework in the next 2 years.
Thats fine, sorry if it feels like I'm trying to ######### on you. I just don't find them interesting or fun to play as or against.
Legion was removed over a year ago.
All we have now is a no-bell Wraith wearing Legion's corpse as a festive hat.
Yeah,his power feels really bland in comparison to all the other killer powers.
I'm still confused and frustrated that the other legion members aren't part of the power concept but were rather a new way to sell cosmetics :(
I never feel like people is shitting on me when they "talk bad" about legion.
I love the killer, a lot. And I always have good performances.
But I understand that people might not like it.
The things why people hate legion are the things why I love legion.
Edit: legion is a little bit like wraith in the sense that it's not for everyone. Not everyone can play legion and perform decently. Sure it can be an "easy killer", but.....I don't know how to explain this, legion have to fit your play style in order for him to work.
This might sound like nonsense, but it's not.
Legions power is pretty fun for the killer, but for the survivors it's kind of just... Nothing. There's no point even trying to dodge it, get a stun, anything like that. It is the least interactive power in DBD. But, at the same time, they literally have nothing but the standard m1 chase to down you, which is actually pretty fun if you aren't the kind of person that just instadrops pallets.
I mean, I main Legion and do "well" as him. I definitely do not put him as a even mediocre Killer at higher ranks. He just isn't good once people have some sense of looping and when to heal.
His win condition is simple. If Survivors heal, you win. If they don't, you lose.
Don't get me wrong, I love the rush down playstyle and their cosmetics are amazing, but their power isn't good.
I don't like the power because of applying pressure solely actually, there's something that people not realize about legion.
Map and vision control.
You have everytime a power that gives you the location of every survivor in your terror radius, that's strong if you know how to use it.
Sometimes I just hit an injured survivor with the power, just to get that information.
It's like having a constant infections fright.
Also, people hate playing against legion. I also use that in order to get better performances. I just tilt people with legion, so their performance goes worse and worse.
Edit: I also play and love doctor for the same reason as legion. I use people tilting as a tool to win.
I do too I just don't like the stun after FF and not see scratch mark in FF but other then not they fun.
Less so on map control and more on information. Legion sucks at map traversal. If he didn't eat a 4 second stun, he might be okay at it.
I am well aware of how to use Legion to his, admittedly few, strengths. You need Survivors to feel pressured into healing, make them feel like they need that buffer health state. That's why I use M&A. It lets me sneak up on them, sort of.